Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Did you know Holosun is made by China?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    This guy cataloged over a thousand optics and their assembly location. You'd be surprised that we do have quite a few options that are not assembled in China. Do they have complete China-free components? Heck if I know. But check it out anyway: https://sageratsafaris.com/master-li...battle-sights/
    I'm pretty sure I looked at every option listed in the same category as the 530C-GR, none had all the features, but EOTech holographic was nearest. Maybe I'll buy a green one when available again.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Did you know Holosun is made by China?

I found it interesting to learn that Sig actually had some red dots assembled in Japan and the Philippines in addition to the USA.

Also Burris had some new models coming out made in the Philippines.

If you go on the lists on that site I posted above and type Japan or Philippines into the search box you may be surprised with the search results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Well I prefer American-made products, I understand the reasoning for some things being made overseas. In the case of optics, I have no problem with Japanese glass. I currently own all American glass, with one Japanese. The Japanese have a talent for affordable, quality optics, and I respect that.
    With that said, I will never buy an optic that's made by our enemy, China.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    Well I prefer American-made products, I understand the reasoning for some things being made overseas. In the case of optics, I have no problem with Japanese glass. I currently own all American glass, with one Japanese. The Japanese have a talent for affordable, quality optics, and I respect that.
    With that said, I will never buy an optic that's made by our enemy, China.
    Not to be a dick, but unless your US optics are quite old, they don't have US glass components.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Not to be a dick, but unless your US optics are quite old, they don't have US glass components.
    Nearly all of the US made optics anyway are really US assembled with foreign parts
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Buy American-made or at least from friendly allies. I am so done with the friggin' Chinese screwing us, they are the worst of the worst and the stunt about intentionally letting Covid-19 out on the world when they knew it was spreading in Wuhan, pretty much was the last straw for me in a long list of abuses they've committed against their own people, us, and the rest of the world. Do. Not. Buy. Chinese. Anything. Work overtime to avoid them. Yeah there's cases where some of the parts in a product are made in China, or you have no choice, like antibiotics. But we DO have a choice on optics.

RDS/reflex sights: Aimpoint, Eotech. There's probably a few others I'm not thinking of, but we have choices. I want to force American companies, like PA and Athlon, to quit using China to manufacture their cheap optics. Move it to the Philippines, Japan, wherever, if you have to, even raise the prices a bit.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Trijicon ACOGs.

Feedback Score
    My conscious was cleared by finding a defect on the 530C rear lens. Scratch, possibly inside, or crack, or lint (inside). Returned it via Amazon Prime and unfortunately out of stock for a replacement. I will probably replace it as I bought the low mount, unless something better catches my eye. I couldn't see the defect until I was inspecting up close with a head lamp.
    Last edited by Undermoose; 08-21-20 at 12:46.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    This guy cataloged over a thousand optics and their assembly location. You'd be surprised that we do have quite a few options that are not assembled in China. Do they have complete China-free components? Heck if I know. But check it out anyway: https://sageratsafaris.com/master-li...battle-sights/
    Hey, thanks for posting that!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Nearly all of the US made optics anyway are really US assembled with foreign parts
    Precisely my point

Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    Trijicon ACOGs.
    Rock on Brother! Love my ACOG's!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast