Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you know Holosun is made by China?

Feedback Score
    Next someone will say their Harleys MADE IN MERICA. Not so.

Feedback Score
    Also, (although it may already be forum-common-knowledge), when I had it, my Vortex 1-6x Strike Eagle (~$250) was made in China, but my current Vortex Razor II E 1-6x (~$1,000) was made in Japan. I've no idea where the middle-range "Viper" version is made as I didn't buy or handle one of those.
    Last edited by L-2; 02-27-20 at 00:01.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Also, (although it may already be forum-common-knowledge), when I had it, my Vortex 1-6x Strike Eagle (~$250) was made in China, but my current Vortex Razor II E 1-6x (~$1,000) was made in Japan. I've no idea where the middle-range "Viper" version is made as I didn't buy or handle one of those.
    Vipers are made in the Philippines I believe.

Feedback Score
    The sad part is that its acceptable and becoming the norm to put chinese stuff on tier one combat guns.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well they seem to be inovating/progressing faster than the competition. Coming out with a new micro sight the size of the shield for smaller handguns that will probably be tougher than the original shield. They check a lot of boxes to include a more reasonable price for most consumers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    The sad part is that its acceptable and becoming the norm to put chinese stuff on tier one combat guns.
    What’s sad is what joedirt99 said.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    They check a lot of boxes to include a more reasonable price for most consumers.
    What is popular in the gun world has never been due to that item being reliable, quality, and durable. It’s always been what is cheap and “seems ok because the dots look the same”. The boxes Holosun checks are:

Does it work ok at the range?
    Can I afford it since my wife makes more than I do and I need permission?
    Does it looks similar to the more expensive optics so I can fool most people?

Like anything else comes down to priorities. I’ve eaten Ramen for a few months to allow me to run a Nightforce on my 10/22. I’m sure some of the same guys with Holosuns have supercharged hot rods and big ass houses.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    What is popular in the gun world has never been due to that item being reliable, quality, and durable. It’s always been what is cheap and “seems ok because the dots look the same”. The boxes Holosun checks are:

Like anything else comes down to priorities. I’ve eaten Ramen for a few months to allow me to run a Nightforce on my 10/22. I’m sure some of the same guys with Holosuns have supercharged hot rods and big ass houses.
    I have Holosuns on some PSA carbines and an Angstadt Arms 9mm PCC, a Primary Arms ACSS 1-6 on a Ballistic Advantage/PSA mutt, and Aimpoint micro's on my few "higher quality" carbines. I'm probably stupid for having everything that I do instead of a few more higher quality components, but PSA & Holosun definitely let me scratch an itch. If I was better at saving I could have night vision or a nicely set up KAC
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Dude, You’re in the wrong thread. Don’t you know that a $20 NC Star is just as good as an Aimpoint?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Truth.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast