Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you know Holosun is made by China?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Vipers are made in the Philippines I believe.
    Both my Vipers (HS and PST), my Nikon Monarch, and my Nikon Black are all Phillipines manufactured.

Edit - My rimfire Nikon P-Tactical is also made in the Phillipines (I thought it was Chinese like my Prostaff binos).

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 02-29-20 at 15:57.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Trijicon is a fine company. Bought my first rm06 type 1 on here for a great price. Soon as it arrived I sent it out with my p09 slide for milling. Got it back and couldn't get it to sight in. Elevation wasn't moving the dot but windage was. Sent Trijicon an email and explained it all. They sent me a brand new type 2 for the cost of shipping my optic to them. Can't complain about that. Also have a dual illuminated rm waiting to be mounted. Have a holosun 507 and 510 both on competition guns.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyhitman View Post
    I followed the money a bit further and Mr. Sun is also the President of Huanic. Huanic was funded by China Investment Corp whos funded by Central Huijin which is owned by the Peoples Republic of China.

for those saying its common knowledge, do you mean insider gun culture knowledge? If its public knowledge please include links to a source.
    I would say the fact that you so easily found this out, proves that it is in fact public knowledge.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Well they seem to be inovating/progressing faster than the competition. Coming out with a new micro sight the size of the shield for smaller handguns that will probably be tougher than the original shield. They check a lot of boxes to include a more reasonable price for most consumers.
    As someone who has over a dozen Aimpoints currently and having owned dozens more over the years, various Trijicons and EOTechs, and most generations of PA/Holosuns/Sig RDS, I have to agree with others that innovation as well as price and quality can't be ignored. If you are smarter than me and keep only a couple quality setups then by all means go with the proven leader. All my duty and go-to guns are Aimpoint. However, how can you ignore innovation like shake awake, switchable reticles, and different color dots?

Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    The sad part is that its acceptable and becoming the norm to put chinese stuff on tier one combat guns.
    The truly sad part is that we have such a dependence on Chinese manufacturing for pretty much everything in our homes, medicine cabinets, and our pockets to include our most used and sensitive possession (smart phone). I support bringing back American manufacturing capacity but that is a whole different complicated economic discussion. However, again, I don't think that discussion changes the current innovation in the RDS world. Innovation drives more innovation and that's why we have M4 carbines instead of sticks and stones.

I still want my flying car and 40 watt range phased plasma rifle though and I don't care where they make them!

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    As someone who has over a dozen Aimpoints currently and having owned dozens more over the years, various Trijicons and EOTechs, and most generations of PA/Holosuns/Sig RDS, I have to agree with others that innovation as well as price and quality can't be ignored. If you are smarter than me and keep only a couple quality setups then by all means go with the proven leader. All my duty and go-to guns are Aimpoint. However, how can you ignore innovation like shake awake, switchable reticles, and different color dots?
    Dennis.
    Innovation is cool. But is it reliable? Can you beat the shit out of a Holosun optic and still maintain zero? Are they waterproof after a significant drop on concrete? Would you trust the life of a loved one to one?

I would bet *every* single thing I own and cherish, any time, any place on earth that I needed to use one of my Aimpoint micros they would work.

Until the Chinese optics achieve that level of durability I’ll pass.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The Sage Dynamics white paper has all that data for Holosun, at least the 507, 508, and 509 MRDS options. They are currently on the short list of acceptable duty and cc optics. As for there rifle optics they have sub 200 to just under aimpoint priced optics that you don’t hear about as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Innovation is cool. But is it reliable? Can you beat the shit out of a Holosun optic and still maintain zero? Are they waterproof after a significant drop on concrete? Would you trust the life of a loved one to one?

I would bet *every* single thing I own and cherish, any time, any place on earth that I needed to use one of my Aimpoint micros they would work.

Until the Chinese optics achieve that level of durability I’ll pass.
    I only run time tested, proven, equipment for my duty and defense and I would recommend the same to anyone else.

However, we are never going to get to my phased plasma rifle or even my flying car unless we have investment and evolution thru wide usage of innovative options to include Holosun and overpriced slow to gas Tesla's.

Luckily there are lots of fun guns out there that need some RDS to be even more fun. Oh, and plenty of Fudds too for better or worse...

That said, I have my original, ugly, 10+yr old PA optic and some from each generation that have been beaten and dropped and fallen out of my safe time and time again and they all still work. I also have broken Comp/M2's and returned a T1 back in the day when maybe Aimpoint was still working on things. I have the same stories about Surefire vs. Chineseum flashlights.

I trust the overall quality percentage provided by proven companies and equipment but that also keeps them from innovating, so we need both to exist if we are going to get better and better equipment in the future!

Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 02-27-20 at 17:29.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    So China makes real Holosuns and fake Aimpoints, who knew? I thought everyone.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Bought an RMR a few weeks ago, threw it on my Glock. The dot was a starburst, didn’t work for me so I sold it. Bought a 507C a few hours ago and it is very clear and the circle dot works with my astigmatism. Gonna put it on a PCC and run it tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BG94591 View Post
    Bought an RMR a few weeks ago, threw it on my Glock. The dot was a starburst, didn’t work for me so I sold it. Bought a 507C a few hours ago and it is very clear and the circle dot works with my astigmatism. Gonna put it on a PCC and run it tomorrow.
    Same. The dot and glass is significantly clearer on the Holosun than my RMR.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast