Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FN SCAR issues

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    As I recall, the reputation of the SCAR for eating optics came at a time when most of them were wearing EoTech 553s and Elcan Spectre DRs: two optics not well-known for their durability when they’re not being worn on SCARs. The EoTech was so bad that it eventually got canned, replaced with the EXPS. The Elcans, as I recall, were strengthened.

I don’t recall ever hearing about any issues with the ACOGs and Aimpoints that predated the EoTechs and Elcans. Or the Nightforces that were contemporaries of both sets of optics.
    Elcan issue wasn't due to durability, it was a zero issue between the 1x and 4x settings. Current Gen 3 optics do not have that issue, they are built like tanks.

Feedback Score
    I have more than 2000 rounds through mine mostly with a Surefire SOCOM suppressor. I use a Kahles 1-6x in an ADM Delta mount (which is the SCAR specific optics mount). Love it to death. Zero issues. Need to shoot more.

Only gripe is the lack of a shoulder on the end of the barrel for mounting a suppressor. You have to invert the Surefire washer or use a KBB shoulder ring sold by PMM. I check alignment with a 7.62 suppressor rod after each time I shoot.

Feedback Score
    This thread is interesting. So my very small perspective. I worked at a range that also rented out guns and the SCAR H was one of our most popular guns, mind you this was from 2012-2014. Having said that, I've seen a Delton go well into 30k rounds before finally start to keyhole, with only replacing the o-rings and ejector every 5k rounds. The Scar worked great. The only time we had issues was the reciprocating bolt handle which did damage a lot of thumbs, and the stock catch slowly wearing to the point where it would fold if bumped hard enough. I would say, and I do not have the round count sheets, but we probably had 4-5k rounds through the Scar during that time, which is more than I have put through any of my AR-10's, but this was also in an indoor range where conditions were optimal.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Their are two rifle caliber long guns in a high state of readiness in my place. A suppressed sig 553 SBR and a suppressed scar 17 SBR. The scar SBR is shockingly accurate. Would be a very good host for that new vortex 1 to 10.

Feedback Score
    Well I haven't been here in a bit.... Would you all like the brain dump on the SCAR?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox33 View Post
    Well I haven't been here in a bit.... Would you all like the brain dump on the SCAR?
    Hit us with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Hows Handl doin?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Yes. I would love one.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have had mine for a good number of years, blazing away with PMC and German military surplus .308. Always supressed with my surefire socom. The gun is a beast. For years I had a Trijicon Vcog but I dumped it for a an ACOG just to because I prefer less fiddling and weight. No optics problems but I don't buy junk glass.

I miss this one!

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Sold it after some panic and picked up some money. Regretted it and bought another one the next year. I have had this one about 5 years. Just runs and runs.
    Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

And here it is as it is today...

IMG_3459 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Hows Handl doin?
    Ha. My thought exactly.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast