Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: FN SCAR issues

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox33 View Post
    Well I haven't been here in a bit.... Would you all like the brain dump on the SCAR?
    Hated my SCAR 17S. The carrier rails closest to the piston started galling and I had FTFeed issues. Sent it to FN, they lubed it up and said it works good. Got rid of it. Kept my 16S, but took off all the aftermarket shit. Without a forward rail surface it’s not as friendly to handle like a long free floated AR, but at least it has been reliable.

I find them horrifically overpriced in this market. I paid very low $2K range for my 16S new and around $2700 for my 17S new; these are apparently below used prices in today’s world.
    Last edited by OrbitalE; 07-30-20 at 22:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalE View Post
    I find them horrifically overpriced in this market. I paid very low $2K range for my 16S new and around $2700 for my 17S new; these are apparently below used prices in today’s world.
    I completely agree. I wonder if FN keeps the price so high because they don't want to undercut their government contract price. That's speculation on my part, but I don't see a free market related reason that justifies the price.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I completely agree. I wonder if FN keeps the price so high because they don't want to undercut their government contract price. That's speculation on my part, but I don't see a free market related reason that justifies the price.
    I agree. It could be a great gun at their price with a better trigger and a new rail. Why they continue with the short quad rail I will never know. I think with something like the KDG mlok rail and a geissele trigger its worth 3k otherwise the market has moved on and caught up. An 8lb 308 is no longer unattainable.

I love mine but its always for sale.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Hows Handl doin?
    havent talked to him in almost 2 years now... be fine if I never did again...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    havent talked to him in almost 2 years now... be fine if I never did again...
    But bruh, you guys were TIGHT. Like nutz to buttz tight. Besides, you were their spokesman and $hit, lawsuits and drama...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    But bruh, you guys were TIGHT. Like nutz to buttz tight. Besides, you were their spokesman and $hit, lawsuits and drama...
    While yes I was quite aggressive in supporting HD. There were several reasons.

#1 much of the complaints about the HD product (while early were limited but real) were driven by those who stole the designs.

#2 the positive that came out of the company, was all my work. New designs, push for CMM, CAD, and other in house production, QA/QI efforts, testing and evaluating, raising investor capital, the stuff sold to SOCOM, the blog posting, the push into the Senate and House Defense committees, Recoil articles, getting NGSW, CCLTF, and other projects off the ground.

The Patents that bracket FN from developing their own gun without me. I solved the harmonics, suppression, bolt cam path way, back plate side screws, and a myriad of other issues. I made every single part of the gun in house at one time. With absolutely no support of any type from FN. Even got the USASFC G8 to stop from cancelling their support of the program in 2016 by flying to Bragg and showing the target engagement committee guys the 6.5 and 260R kits (before 6.5 was really a thing) and the 7.62x39 system.

All my work. (while having a second full time job, a family, and at one time an ODA CDR of a NG SF tm as well)

#3 Because I was so deep in I was blind to the fact that those closest to you are the ones that can do the most damage.
    Last edited by Fox33; 08-17-20 at 01:06.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So where is the brain dump?

Well I haven't been here in a bit.... Would you all like the brain dump on the SCAR?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    So where is the brain dump?
    Also waiting on said dump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    While yes I was quite aggressive in supporting HD. There were several reasons.

#1 much of the complaints about the HD product (while early were limited but real) were driven by those who stole the designs.

#2 the positive that came out of the company, was all my work. New designs, push for CMM, CAD, and other in house production, QA/QI efforts, testing and evaluating, raising investor capital, the stuff sold to SOCOM, the blog posting, the push into the Senate and House Defense committees, Recoil articles, getting NGSW, CCLTF, and other projects off the ground.

The Patents that bracket FN from developing their own gun without me. I solved the harmonics, suppression, bolt cam path way, back plate side screws, and a myriad of other issues. I made every single part of the gun in house at one time. With absolutely no support of any type from FN. Even got the USASFC G8 to stop from cancelling their support of the program in 2016 by flying to Bragg and showing the target engagement committee guys the 6.5 and 260R kits (before 6.5 was really a thing) and the 7.62x39 system.

All my work. (while having a second full time job, a family, and at one time an ODA CDR of a NG SF tm as well)
    Sounds like you could have benefited from developing a corporate entity with a solid business plan.

But then again there would be the COI of current military member trying to use their position to sell stuff to the government...

Seems their are laws about things like that.

Feedback Score
    I somehow missed this thread until now. It would be great to hear your thoughts and perspective on the SCAR.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast