Thread: FN SCAR issues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

FN SCAR issues

So I'm in Las Vegas for a wedding, and I decided to go to Battlefield Vegas and the Vegas machine gun experience.
    I went to Battlefield Vegas and noticed how both the SCAR L and H are on the wall. I spoke with an employee about them and he said they're excellent firearms and run without a problem. (I did not shoot the SCAR here).
    So I was talking with my fiance's dad who is a retired Navy Seal of 20+ years. I told him I had an appointment at machine gun Vegas to shoot the SCAR H, he said "the SCAR is a piece of shit" I was like whoa! I just sat there and listened, he said they have been know to fail for a number of reasons and he personally prefers the HK91.
    So today I went to machine gun Vegas and asked to shoot the SCAR H, the guy (I'm assuming owner) said "it's actually going to be the SCAR L". He told me the SCAR H they had blew up and it happens frequently. He said the lugs inside the upper receiver are the same size as the SCAR L and they don't last long with 7.62x51 NATO. Also he said the SCAR L is just fine, and the H probably is too as long as you only shoot semi auto.
    He made a comment about the SCAR 20 and how the beefed up the lugs because of this issue.
    Anyway, it seems off that Battlefield Vegas would have such a great experience compared to machine gun Vegas. My fiance's dad is a solid guy and he definitely knows what he's talking about.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by militarymoron; 02-24-20 at 17:35. Reason: thread moved to correct forum