Thread: 308 and Aimpoint

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

308 and Aimpoint

I have an Aimpoint 9000 laying around that I had on a 300 blackout ruger ranch I have sold. Tempted to pick up a tikka 308 and slap it on there. Figure it would be great for deer hunting an fun in Virginia out to 200 yards. What say the group?

I have plenty of other bolt guns for longer distances.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Why not, I've shot plenty of deer in Va. with a red dot, AR's, Bolt and shotgun. More than likely, your shots are under 100.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Why not, I've shot plenty of deer in Va. with a red dot, AR's, Bolt and shotgun. More than likely, your shots are under 100.
    That's a fact. Of course our farm is one where we do often get opportunities at 200-400 but the longest shot to date is 300. But those are certain tower blinds. Plenty of tree stands for 100 yards.

Just may do it. Just trying to justify a purchase b/c I have the optic sitting around collecting dust.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not sure which exact models/calibers are depicted, but the combination concept looks functional and fun.

Feedback Score
    Glad we don't have those here in VA....but yes it does look like a great time. I suspect most at 6.5 swedes or 270's over there maybe?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I currently have a Ruger Scout, if doing a Tikka, I would go with the compact model. Take a hard look at the Scout if wanting a bolt, mine is the ss synthetic model. Even have a 30-30 with a dot.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!