Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: solgw upper vs others

Feedback Score

solgw upper vs others

I am looking to put together a rifle that I intend to keep for ever and serve as a do all shtf rifle. I already have my bcm lower and now its time for an upper and I am between solgw upper and bcm. What do you recommend including others? Budget is about 1100.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I prefer the elw barrel profile from bcm over the govt profile from solgw.

Craftsmanship they probably pretty close.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    I've owned a bunch of brands. Just bought a 11.5 Bcm. Mcmr. Couldn't be happier.

Feedback Score
    If 20" barrels are your thing, check out the NOS M16A4 upper from Ohio ordnance works. It doesn't get much more shtf approved than that

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    looking more for a 13.7-14.5 pinned upper. I read good things about solgw but also it seems like people talk about how good cs is but my concern is if its always something to the point to talk cs then is there an issue? I am leaning more towards the solgw 13.7 build if they get rails in soon. Also had a concern because they use qpq barrels and not chf barrels since I am trying to get the most out of the barrel(I shoot about 1k rounds a month)

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Not speaking from personal experience with the company but if you shoot out a barrel solgw claims they will replace it for you. Might be a consideration if you continue to shoot 1k per month.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLegalAce777 View Post
    looking more for a 13.7-14.5 pinned upper. I read good things about solgw but also it seems like people talk about how good cs is but my concern is if its always something to the point to talk cs then is there an issue? I am leaning more towards the solgw 13.7 build if they get rails in soon. Also had a concern because they use qpq barrels and not chf barrels since I am trying to get the most out of the barrel(I shoot about 1k rounds a month)
    I think SOLGW is a top dog. And they replace your barrel for free like he said. For the money you can't go wrong with the patrol upper

Feedback Score
    The only thing holding me back from it is the barrel. It looks like BA makes them and im unaware of BA quality. I have a lot of bcm and dd barrels that cost around 300 whereas the solgw is 160 and I know cost isnt everything but when its from good companies you do get what you pay for.
    Last edited by MrLegalAce777; 02-24-20 at 22:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLegalAce777 View Post
    The only thing holding me back from it is the barrel. It looks like BA makes them and im unaware of BA quality. I have a lot of bcm and dd barrels that cost around 300 and I know cost isnt everything but when its from good companies you do get what you pay for.
    Right now SOLGW is still small and making a name for themselves. You're going to get really good value man. I would buy with confidence. DD is still good and so is BCM. I buy from them too, but they're at the point now where they can afford to ride on their reputation and start cost cutting here and there.

You can always call them and ask any questions. I've done it to FN

Feedback Score
    OP, flip a coin. Both will serve your purpose equally well. It should come down to which one presently offers your preferred configuration at your chosen price point. If neither's hitting that mark, check out Daniel Defense, LMT, Sionics, Geissele and Centurion. Someone'll suit you, and they're all good to go.

I entirely reject the "if they have good customer service, they must need it" theory of business appraisal -- it's too simple and often to my eye the province of motivated detractors.

If you want one name from the two mentioned and as good a reason as any, I say BCM so it'll "match" your lower. . I did that and am entirely pleased.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast