Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: solgw upper vs others

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    What is the story on SOLGW? I saw the main man at Iraqgunz' memorial but didn't get a chance to meet him.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Centurion upper.

Feedback Score
    1K rounds a month? SOLGW. Mike has already said that they'll replace a shot out barrel, and the word of mouth of a happy customer shooting that much is free advertising that pays for itself.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLegalAce777 View Post
    The only thing holding me back from it is the barrel. It looks like BA makes them and im unaware of BA quality. I have a lot of bcm and dd barrels that cost around 300 whereas the solgw is 160 and I know cost isnt everything but when its from good companies you do get what you pay for.
    Generally BA quality is pretty good, especially for the price. However, even though BA makes the barrels, they are made per SOLGW's specs and inspected by them to ensure quality. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from SOLGW.

Having said that, you can't go wrong with either BCM or SOLGW.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    … I intend to keep forever and serve as a do all shtf rifle. I already have my bcm lower … Budget is about 1100.
    BCM is the new Colt, in essence.

It isn't sexy anymore because it is just common parlance around here: BCM/LMT/Sionics/Centurion (and a very limited number of others) … if forever and 100% no BS dialed in is the premise then you pick something with a track record.

Thus far the replies to this thread contain 'seems like', 'if', 'I read', 'replace the barrel' …

I mean, 'seems like' or 'killer logo' or 'the warranty' … translation: instagram, fuzzies, and warranties. Yeah, they don't protect anyone.

Order a BCM(sic) pinned 14.5 and meet the world with confidence.

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    looking more for a 13.7-14.5 pinned upper. I read good things about solgw but also it seems like people talk about how good cs is but my concern is if its always something to the point to talk cs then is there an issue? I am leaning more towards the solgw 13.7 build if they get rails in soon. Also had a concern because they use qpq barrels and not chf barrels since I am trying to get the most out of the barrel(I shoot about 1k rounds a month)
    I am looking to put together a rifle that I intend to keep for ever and serve as a do all shtf rifle. I already have my bcm lower and now its time for an upper and I am between solgw upper and bcm. What do you recommend including others? Budget is about 1100.
    You wont keep it forever. Bolt and barrel will be gone in 2 years.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    What are you shooting now, that 1k rounds monthly?

Why not that company?

Feedback Score
    Agreed. I snagged up an NOS Sabre Defense A4 uppers.
    Last edited by runningbear762; 02-26-20 at 15:42. Reason: Forgot to quote

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    What are you shooting now, that 1k rounds monthly?

Why not that company?
    Right now its a bcm upper and its been great qnd while the mcmr rail was good its finally bent so I wanted an upper with a stronger rail and the solgw 74 rail looks more beefy. I ended up ordering a bcm upper with the qrf rail since that one will probably be more rigid than the mcmr and keep the whole rifle a bcm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by runningbear762 View Post
    Agreed. I snagged up an NOS Sabre Defense A4 uppers.
    You should post pictures of that. I was torn between that and the FN. Ultimately I decided to go FN because I found everything original and new condition

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast