Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (brazilian poster) Taurus T4 - any experience?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Question (brazilian poster) Taurus T4 - any experience?

Hi ALL,

First, sorry for the long content-free post.

Brazilian correspondent here. So, after a long wait 5.56 is allowed for civilians like myself here in sunny Brazil. AFAIK, only for those registered in the glorious Brazilian Army (go figure).
    Also, Taurus has its AR up for sale here (probably for the price of a DD in the US).

I have not deep dived in the new regs, but if I know something about how stuff works in this country, I would not likely be able to build one.
    It would probably be possible to import from the US, but only assembled rifles, from a store.

So, before I look into getting the paperwork done to import a decent one from the US, I decided to ask here if anyone as any clue as to how good these weapons are.
    Also, there is not a wealth of knowledge on the AR here.
    Paulo Marcondes -- Brazil.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never even heard of a Taurus AR. Apparently they came out in the spring of 2017!

To be honest I don't think you'll get much info on Tauruses here.

Feedback Score
    I'm interested to learn

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I saw a pic recently of a police department here in the U.S. which had gotten the Taurus T4. In fact, seeing the "T4" nomenclature below the pic made me read the description.

Found it:

https://www.tactical-life.com/news/t...es-georgia-le/

Taurus donated them to the Bainbridge, GA PD and the Decatur Co, GA Sheriff's Department. Taurus did it as a "good will" gesture since they relocated some production facilities to Georgia.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 02-27-20 at 19:07.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    To be honest I don't think you'll get much info on Tauruses here.
    I figured that as much. I thought better to ask here (in this forum).
    I will dive into the regs and figure if I can simply buy parts and assemble or if I'll have to import a whole rifle.
    And figure if that would be a viable option long term versus relying on Taurus, given that Taurus fame is not much better here than in the US (but we have no much other options).
    I heard of a competitive shooter here boasting that his T4 was over 3k rounds with no malfs whatsoever. It should be no big deal over here.

Thanks ALL.
    Last edited by pmarc; 02-27-20 at 19:32.
    Paulo Marcondes -- Brazil.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home

Feedback Score
    I mean, my buddy just bought a fully assembled mid length PSA for $340. Taurus has to be able to compete or their reputation is burnt toast

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    I mean, my buddy just bought a fully assembled mid length PSA for $340. Taurus has to be able to compete or their reputation is burnt toast

Their reputation?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    T4 seems almost as bad of an idea as Fanta Germany's 75th Anniversary "bring back the good old days" ad.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    It's my understanding the T4 is assembled in Bainbridge Georgia. More than likely for the US market only. What sense would it make to use US labor to assemble something to sell in South America?? Not sure you could base your decision on advice given from people up here.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post

$666 for a standard carbine with M-LOK rails and a magpul CTR stock isn't bad.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/taur...bine-semiauto/

Though if I was that company I would have added or subtracted a dollar just because.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast