Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trigger Pins?

Feedback Score

Trigger Pins?

Unbranded has trigger pins for $1.99 each and Geissele has them $9.00 each. Is there any difference in trigger pins providing they are the same diameter?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Cool points

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Oh..and MiLsPeC. Yes, there is a difference. Diameter isn't the only factory. Metallurgy is important. As to that point, I have reached the limit of my qualifications but there are people here who can go into intricate detail.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    In my opinion, I think G's prices are a bit high. However, I can assume they are good quality. Why not buy colt pins from Brownells for $6.99? That would be my go to, unless I needed the larger pins for a colt. Are there differences? I can only assume there are, so I would only buy from a known entity. What the differences are- are for someone above my pay-grade.

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personally, I have used the pins from PSA on many of my ARs. I have yet to encounter any issues. They are less than $2 each. I have also used CMMG pins with no issues. They are about $3 each.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Unbranded has trigger pins for $1.99 each and Geissele has them $9.00 each. Is there any difference in trigger pins providing they are the same diameter?
    The $2 pins are what you would find in a $40 LPK. The $9 pins are what you would find in a $200+ Geissele trigger.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ALG trigger and hammer pin set is $18.

That's a lot of money for those and I think I'd roll the dice on something else.

Feedback Score
    Are the $2 pins mim or something?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    ALG trigger and hammer pin set is $18.

That's a lot of money for those and I think I'd roll the dice on something else.
    The ALG and Geissele Triggers come with pins. Why would you buy them other than for replacement of a lost "G" pin? From the ALG site.. "The trigger and hammer pins are improved over stock mild steel by using precipitation hardened 17-4 stainless steel. Pins are precision ground to a fine finish, dimpled, and a diameter 0.001” larger than stock to reduce play in the trigger assembly while retaining a slip fit into the weapon lower receiver. Both pins are finished with a black Nitride finish for increased wear and corrosion resistance"

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Are the $2 pins mim or something?
    They would cost more if MIM. They would have to be ground or turned after molding. More than likely they are spit out of a Swiss machine running at 90 miles per hour!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    The ALG and Geissele Triggers come with pins. Why would you buy them other than for replacement of a lost "G" pin? From the ALG site.. "The trigger and hammer pins are improved over stock mild steel by using precipitation hardened 17-4 stainless steel. Pins are precision ground to a fine finish, dimpled, and a diameter 0.001” larger than stock to reduce play in the trigger assembly while retaining a slip fit into the weapon lower receiver. Both pins are finished with a black Nitride finish for increased wear and corrosion resistance"
    I looked at the OP's post shortly after he made it last night. I couldn't find any description of the trigger and hammer pins on Geissele's site. I did find the description you posted from the ALG ACT info.

I looked ay the KNS site and found this: https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/prod...r-hammer-pins/

Replacement Trigger/Hammer Pins

$4.50

Rifle: AR-15, M-16. Sizes: Small .154 dia.; Small .1555 dia.; Large .170 dia. Stainless steel pins. Match grade stainless steel replacement pins for trigger and hammer. CNC machined for correct fit. The .1555 dia. pins are designed to tighten up worn receivers or to be installed in new receivers with match trigger sets to remove all free play. These will fit in new receivers without any machine work.(.1555 – will not fit Jewell Trigger System.)

Like most, I've had good luck using the generic trigger pins that come with different LPK's. I think if I was doing a replacement or upgrade, I'd go with KNS.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast