Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: $150 for 3 Pmags????

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)

Thumbs down What does this say about G and R Tactical?

Everyone is cool with the idea of G & R auctioning off magazines on Gunbroker while listing them as "out of stock" on their own website?

The auction even started above Grant's everyday price on his website. Yes, "stupid" buyer, but what does that say about a retailer that auctions goods listed as "out of stock" on his own retail site? That started the auction off at above MSRP and did not use a BuyItNow feature (which would have prevented an over inflated price)? What about the charges for credit cards (+3%) when he accepts those without an extra charge at his website? Even his shipping charge is higher than usual (for G & R)!

Capitalism? YES. But I'm uncomfortable with anyone or business that tries to make a "extra" profit during an emergency. Clearly, the post-election period is considered an emergency by many gun owners. Grant should sell those magazines for the same price as is on his website and not try to take advantage of people.

Yes, there is a sucker born everyday. Yes, there are weak, old, vulnerable, innocent, and even stupid people out there that can be taken advantage of. But I thought those were the people many here on M4C have sworn to protect and defend? WFT?
    Last edited by NoBody; 11-22-08 at 05:43.

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    C-A-P-I-T-A-L-I-S-M....

Good job Grant!!!
    I'm disappointed.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I wish people would just get over the whole gouging thing.

And no their is no emergency. Tornadoes, earthquakes, blizzards, hurricanes, fire, and so on are emergencies. This is a knee-jerk reaction to an election, and the winner has yet to take office.

It’s not like anyone is twisting peoples arms. People are searching out these items and willing to pay for them. I can’t believe people are coming to the defense of bidders on an auction.

Feedback Score
    I don't understand the freaking out that people are doing. Do they think the manufacturers aren't going to be cranking them out as fast as they can until told they can't anymore?

Supply will catch up with demand.

I did see some guy on Auctionarms trying to sell Colt 9mm 32 round magazines for $100 starting bid.

I just placed an order for a few C Products 20 rounders for $16.99 each and I will probably pick up a few more Uzi mags to convert as well if I can find them cheap enough.

If you look around you can still find stuff at normal or near normal prices.

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I wish people would just get over the whole gouging thing.

And no their is no emergency. Tornadoes, earthquakes, blizzards, hurricanes, fire, and so on are emergencies. This is a knee-jerk reaction to an election, and the winner has yet to take office.

It’s not like anyone is twisting peoples arms. People are searching out these items and willing to pay for them. I can’t believe people are coming to the defense of bidders on an auction.
    This is a retailer that listed his Pmags as "out of stock" on his website and then put them up for auction above MSRP. I would like to think we're above taking advantage of people's fears.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBody View Post
    Everyone is cool with the idea of G & R auctioning off magazines on Gunbroker while listing them as "out of stock" on their own website?

The auction even started above Grant's everyday price on his website. Yes, "stupid" buyer, but what does that say about a retailer that auctions goods listed as "out of stock" on his own retail site? That started the auction off at above MSRP and did not use a BuyItNow feature (which would have prevented an over inflated price)? What about the charges for credit cards (+3%) when he accepts those without an extra charge at his website? Even his shipping charge is higher than usual (for G & R)!

Capitalism? YES. But I'm uncomfortable with anyone or business that tries to make a "extra" profit during an emergency. Clearly, the post-election period is considered an emergency by many gun owners. Grant should sell those magazines for the same price as is on his website and not try to take advantage of people.

Yes, there is a sucker born everyday. Yes, there are weak, old, vulnerable, innocent, and even stupid people out there that can be taken advantage of. But I thought those were the people many here on M4C have sworn to protect and defend? WFT?
    Looks like capitalism at work. Unprepared people who waited to the last minute have a way to get some Pmags. Sure it costs more but you can buy if you have to. Your alternative is that Pmags just be unavailable EVERYWHERE and you get on waiting lists and hope your name is called. Do you have some extra Pmags, you should help the less fortunate out by putting some of those on the market for what you paid. It is an emergency and all. Anyway, I think it is a great idea for Grant to be putting his short supply of mags on auction so people that really want them can get at em, clearly if he lists them on his site for $14.20 the first guy that comes along will probably buy them all(you included?) to hoard or resell.

Were you bitching about gas prices as well. I was having to pay like $4.80 for diesel a while back but I'd sure rather pay $4.80 than be looking at the $2.00 sign while waiting in line hoping a fuel truck arrives. YMMV
    Last edited by hatt; 11-22-08 at 07:46.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBody View Post

The more people that I see whining like this the more I realize why we have Obama the Marxist for POTUS.

http://www.investopedia.com/universi...economics3.asp

As you have no idea of what capitalism is. The market (IE the buyer) sets the price for items, not the manufacturer or dealer, the buyer. If those magazines are worth $50 a pop to that guy there is no "Extra" proit. There can never be extra profit in an open market place. Go learn some economics then come back whining.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan_Bell View Post
    The more people that I see whining like this the more I realize why we have Obama the Marxist for POTUS.

http://www.investopedia.com/universi...economics3.asp

As you have no idea of what capitalism is. The market (IE the buyer) sets the price for items, not the manufacturer or dealer, the buyer. If those magazines are worth $50 a pop to that guy there is no "Extra" proit. There can never be extra profit in an open market place. Go learn some economics then come back whining.
    That's true...but, the bad part is...it only takes a few who are willing to buy at any price to skew the sale prices.

Oh well, I'm glad I started "panic" buying 2 years ago!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DM-SC View Post
    That's true...but, the bad part is...it only takes a few who are willing to buy at any price to skew the sale prices.

Exactly. Why let panicky fools determine the market for the rest of us? The laws of supply and demand become warped under a circumstance like this. The SOB is not even in office yet.

I appreciate anyone who does not price gouge or find other ways to take advantage just because they can. A slight increase maybe, that's fair. But to gouge, no good. And yes, Capitalism fans, price gouging does exist. Look it up.
    Last edited by Safetyhit; 11-22-08 at 09:01.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5POINT56 View Post
    http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction...Item=116067585

Wow. Grant, gotta hand it to you, you've identified a very lucrative demographic to do business with!

Holy crap.....I wouldn't have belived it if I hadn't actually seen it. I'm not knocking the seller here, just the folks who've gone "full retard" and are paying $50 per Pmag.

Wow.
    The very best part is: the idiot who paid $50 a mag won't ( I hope) be buying the last 8 mag's in stock at a semi-decent price.

The sooner these idiots run out of money the better for the rest of us.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast