Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sad news in the world of 1911s...

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    9X23 is one of the LEAST AVAILABLE cartridges imaginable, and like .38 Super/Super Comp, is most def a handloading cartridge if one shoots any quantity.
    Agreed. Luckily, I have the fortune of being able to get decent 38 Super for under $17 a box locally. I don't know how my LGS ended up with it, but I'm not complaining...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Agreed. Luckily, I have the fortune of being able to get decent 38 Super for under $17 a box locally. I don't know how my LGS ended up with it, but I'm not complaining...
    Hopefully a box of 50 but somehow I doubt it...

Another upside to reloading for stuff like this is that if you want to reload for something with a compensator you can actually choose a powder that produces enough gas volume to actually 'work' the thing. Most factory ammo is loaded to be 'economical' and is not suited for comps and such.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Hopefully a box of 50 but somehow I doubt it...

Another upside to reloading for stuff like this is that if you want to reload for something with a compensator you can actually choose a powder that produces enough gas volume to actually 'work' the thing. Most factory ammo is loaded to be 'economical' and is not suited for comps and such.
    Legit boxes of 50! I know, I was shocked as well. If I had to venture a guess, they probably bought some place out that was getting rid of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Legit boxes of 50! I know, I was shocked as well. If I had to venture a guess, they probably bought some place out that was getting rid of it.
    So long as your gun likes that ammo - that was a score then and you lucked out...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123