Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long range M600 head from Malkoff Devices

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Long range M600 head from Malkoff Devices

Here's something new from Malkoff. It looks like it rivals the Modlite OKW in performance specs:

https://malkoffdevices.com/products/..._source=seguno

Nice thing is it'll work with an existing scout body. I might have to pick one up.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Looks like there are two new models:

E2XT 3.4-6
    https://malkoffdevices.com/products/...xt-3-4-6-volts
    55k Lux@1m
    500 Lumens
    CR123 or 16650
    Runs 45-60m on 16650

E2XTD 3.4-4.2
    https://malkoffdevices.com/products/...-3-4-4-2-volts
    70k Lux@1m
    650 Lumens
    18650 or 16650
    On the 16650 it runs 10-15m at full power and another 10-15 with a power reduction

Both are 1.25” diameter vs the previous models’ 1” diameter

Not sure which of these I’ll buy. I’ll be watching this thread for comparison discussion by our more knowledgeable flashlight enthusiasts.

Edit: the website mentions something about needing the right tailcaps to get full power. Can somebody educate me on this? I use a Surefire remote switch, currently; would that limit my output? I know Unity and Modlight sell switches that are supposed to perform better somehow, but I haven’t used them yet.

Last edited by 1168; 02-29-20 at 06:30. Reason: Add question

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I ordered the direct-drive (70k candela) version myself for the light below;

The McClicky switch can handle this head without issue (can handle 5+ amps), but I'm not sure about the SF tailcaps and switches. That said, they'd probably be fine with the regulated 55k candela version. The light above uses a Lumens Factory tailcap that is equipped with a genuine McClicky I modified for momentary-only operation.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

Edit: the website mentions something about needing the right tailcaps to get full power. Can somebody educate me on this? I use a Surefire remote switch, currently; would that limit my output? I know Unity and Modlight sell switches that are supposed to perform better somehow, but I haven’t used them yet.

More research is needed on my part but I believe the stock ST07 tape switch will not provide full output with the direct drive head.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
    I ordered the direct-drive (70k candela) version myself for the light below;

The McClicky switch can handle this head without issue (can handle 5+ amps), but I'm not sure about the SF tailcaps and switches. That said, they'd probably be fine with the regulated 55k candela version. The light above uses a Lumens Factory tailcap that is equipped with a genuine McClicky I modified for momentary-only operation.
    What battery are you using in this? 16650?
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoveskeFan View Post
    What battery are you using in this? 16650?
    Yes, Keeppower 16650 2500mAh.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
    Yes, Keeppower 16650 2500mAh.
    Thanks. I have an old L4 that could use an update and this looks like a great option. Already have some 16650’s from my Arisaka 600’s.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My light upgraded with the new Malkoff E2XTD head;

The difference between the E2HT's 35,000 candela and the E2XTD's 70,000 candela is immediately obvious: the beam is brighter and has better throw/reach. The spill is also slightly brighter.

FWIW, the E2XTD effectively matches the performance of the Modlite OKW at 650 lumens/70,000 candela.

Feedback Score
    Do theses fit a dual fuel scout?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 68ar15 View Post
    Do theses fit a dual fuel scout?
    No, they fit standard e-series compatible bodies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast