Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple X View Post
    Anyone have one of these?
    Thoughts?
    Thinking about one for the Mrs.

It's a solid pistol IMO

Feedback Score
    MAC just did a vid on this as well. He is pretty honest in his reviews and seemed to like it based off of the comments i saw (didnt watch yet)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSXcEX62xoA

Feedback Score
    I’m old and arthritic. I bought the .380 and liked it so much I bought the 9mm version as soon as it was released. I really don’t even know the grip safety is there.
    These pistols are a Godsend for many of us.
    Skip

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I wonder it it can be de-activated, or held down with hockey tape.
    I'm not sure disabling the grip safety would be a good idea...The EZ doesn't have one of those flipper deals to block inertial movement of the trigger, so pinning the grip safety down would likely allow it to fire if dropped.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A friend’s mother bought one at around Christmas time, and I shot it a couple times. She had difficulty consistently engaging the grip safety, but that could have been due to her arthritic hands.

I don’t have easy access to the pistol right now, but I think the grip safety needs to be disengaged for disassembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies.
    Took her to try it out and she racked it with no problem.
    She's small and had trouble with the regular Shield 9 we have.
    Decided to take it home.
    I'll post up when I get a chance to get her to the range.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple X View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    Took her to try it out and she racked it with no problem.
    She's small and had trouble with the regular Shield 9 we have.
    Decided to take it home.
    I'll post up when I get a chance to get her to the range.
    Make it to the range yet? I took my wife's .380 EZ out today for the first time. I only took a box and half out (75 rounds) of Speer 95gr FMJ. Here's what happened:

The first 4 magazines (or about the first 30-40 rounds) were dismal. Pretty much every failure occurred and occurred often...failure to feed, failure to eject, and more than a few stovepipes including a live round stovepipe. At first I thought maybe my thumbs contacting the slide were causing the issues so I adjusted my grip and made sure they were riding against the frame only. Nope, the failures continued. After those first 30-40 rounds - so the remaining 35 to 45 rounds - the gun cycled and ran fine without any hiccups at all.

I wish I had brought more ammunition but my goal today wasn't to vet this gun as I was only out there to help a friend sight in his rifle. I will most definitely be putting a lot more rounds through the EZ and evaluating it carefully before trusting it enough to give to the wife. Hopefully those issues were just part of a break-in period but we shall see.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Alright, stupid question time;

Since these are technically in the "shield" lineup;
    >Do the Shield mags work in it? Or can the EZ mags work with Shield extensions?
    >Holster- same deal; Use standard "shield" holster, or must it specify for the EZ?
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Alright, stupid question time;

Since these are technically in the "shield" lineup;
    >Do the Shield mags work in it? Or can the EZ mags work with Shield extensions?
    >Holster- same deal; Use standard "shield" holster, or must it specify for the EZ?
    Magazines are different and it's not the same same size as a regular Shield 9 so I don't thing the holsters will work.
    I just got back from a trip so I hope to take it to the range this week.

Feedback Score
    Finally got it to the range.
    Shot 200 rounds through it.
    115 ball, 124 ball, and 147 PP.
    All worked flawlessly.
    Perceived recoil was a tad higher than I expected since the gun is a bit larger than the regular Shield.
    Trigger was fine.
    No problems with the grip safety.
    Loading the mags were a breeze and everyone I let cycle the slide was surprised how easy it was.
    I'd say S&W hit this niche part of the market very well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast