Thread: Knee extension

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score

Knee extension

I had meniscus repair surgery 3 months ago and still do not have full knee extension. I have been sitting in a chair with my foot on a stool and hanging an 10 pound weight at the knee, I do this for 10 minutes three or four times a day. It will pull the leg straight but I still am not able to lock out the knee when standing. It affects my stride when walking. I do leg extensions and curls on the machines at the gym. Are there any other exercises that might help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    I had meniscus repair surgery 3 months ago and still do not have full knee extension. I have been sitting in a chair with my foot on a stool and hanging an 10 pound weight at the knee, I do this for 10 minutes three or four times a day. It will pull the leg straight but I still am not able to lock out the knee when standing. It affects my stride when walking. I do leg extensions and curls on the machines at the gym. Are there any other exercises that might help.
    Knee surgery? They lied to you. Recovery, if you work like a dog, will take one year. Less than 100% effort, two years. And even then guess what, you athletic days are over.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Knee surgery? They lied to you. Recovery, if you work like a dog, will take one year. Less than 100% effort, two years. And even then guess what, you athletic days are over.
    At 75 years old my athletic day were already over. I had meniscus repair 40 years ago on the same knee it was a piece of cake. Doc says the knee is in pretty good shape for 75 years old I just need to get the range of motion back.

Feedback Score
    Hello everyone! Recently, I got into a small accident, as a result of which my knee and back were damaged. My knee healed quite quickly and there were almost no signs, that it was badly wounded, unlike my back, which continued to hurt for a long time. Nothing helped me. Neither ointments, nor various massages. Then my friend advised me to resort to the help of back stretcher. I was skeptical about this, because I thought it was a money fraud and it would not help, but I decided to take a chance. The first three days I really did not notice any difference, but after a week from the back pain there was no trace. All thanks to communityclinicassociation.org
    If not for the back stretcher, I would still suffer from back pain