Thread: Colt Anaconda

Feedback Score

Colt Anaconda

I already own three S&W .44 Mag, so I thought it’s just fitting that I give the big Colt a chance. I bought it end 2018 for $ 1600.- in Switzerland with box and papers, very good condition.

It is very big and heavy indeed, the cylinder looks huge.

I am not a big fan of rubber grips, but original wood ones are like hens’ teeth. Bought a pair of cheap Thai copies but I hate the colour. Oh well ..

Some shooting at 25 m

Feedback Score
    I want one of these in .45 colt and don't know why.

Gunbroker doesn't have many completed auctions under $2000. If you gave $1600 US you stole it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I saved all summer long when these first came out, waited and waited for a distributor to get it in stock. My dad had an FFL and I would call every day trying to find one. Unfortunately I let my dad talk me out of waiting and picked up a Dan Wesson 44 in stainless with 6” ported and non ported barrels.

Great shooter you have there. One day I will have one.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I was lucky enough to snag one of these a few years ago at around 1100 US. It was definitely used, but in overall good condition and very shootable. I don't shoot it much, it's more of a novelty for friends, but when you put some effort in it does very well. Congratulations on your find.

Feedback Score
    Nice revolver. I've shot two of them over the years, great action. We had one as a range gun and it held up well, just make sure that the ejector is tight from time to time. Ours came lose and we couldn't open the cylinder without a little work.

Feedback Score
    haven't shot a lot of 9mm AE, but I've shot a fair bit of Fiocchi in 115 gr. I got along well with it, and will definitely buy it when the price is right.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Charle View Post
    haven't shot a lot of 9mm AE, but I've shot a fair bit of Fiocchi in 115 gr. I got along well with it, and will definitely buy it when the price is right.
    Charlie,
    I think your reply got posted in the wrong spot.