Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Viper Gen ll 1-6 vs Trijicon Accupower 1-4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Trijicon is a little less forgiving than the Viper, but not in a way that you'll notice any issue. Eye relief seems to be pretty much the same between the two. I hate to post this photo again since I just did in the AR Photo thread but you can see how I have the Trijicon mounted here. This allows me to run the stock in further, which I like because it brings the center of gravity closer to me. What I like is that the eye relief with this setup is perfect throughout the range of magnification. I found when I had the Viper set where I liked it on 1x I would have to scrunch a little closer on 6x.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Another optic to throw into the discussion would be the Steiner p4xi. I owned one a year or so ago, and I liked it for the most part but felt the eye box could be a bit tight. If anyone has owned or used the p4xi and the Viper 1-6, how do they compare?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the info guys, just pulled the trigger on an Accupower. The idea of 23 ounces for the Viper sounded too heavy.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good choice. It makes a huge difference in the way the rifle handles. Were you able to take advantage of Primary Arms' blowout pricing?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Good choice. It makes a huge difference in the way the rifle handles. Were you able to take advantage of Primary Arms' blowout pricing?
    I even thought about buying another one for the prices they had listed ($465 IIRC), then I remembered why I sold my original Accupower and bought a Vortex after using it in a 1-day 600rd carbine class.

If the reticles were bolder or the illumination brighter on the Accupower, it would have been a winner.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah they’re just different scopes. Like I said earlier the Vortex lends itself much more to fast and close shooting while the Trij is more hunting type. I like the thin crosshairs of the Trij better, but the big thing for me is weight.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Oh yea, Primary Arms is the sh!t

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    ~SNIP~
    If the reticles were bolder or the illumination brighter on the Accupower, it would have been a winner.
    I'm still using my Accupower, but that is exactly how I feel about it. Why they didn't use a big fat No 4 reticle to balance the non-daylight bright illumination is beyond me.

My Nikon Black 1-4 has a better reticle than the Accupower IMHO, but Nikon is getting out of the scope business, so warranty will be refund only pretty soon. The Nikon illumination is about like the Accupower for what it's worth.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-11-20 at 07:26.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just an update. My Accupower came in.... I think the eye box and eye relief are a bit better than the Steiner p4xi, I previously had, it also has a more true 1x and is easier to shoot both eyes open. I think the Steiner glass was a tad bit better, and the field of view is more open and the scope body seems to disappear more, and the reticle is very bright. I prefer the Accupower overall because of the easier to shoot both eyes open. There are pros and cons to each, and I feel myself wanting the best of both worlds... I guess that where the more high end optics like the Razor or a Khales come in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast