Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Damn, I've got the Glock bug...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The 48 was not on my list at all since I have my bases covered with a 19 and a shield...but then I held a 48 and 43x at my lgs and now I want both. I might acquire one or the other even before I get a second "back-up" 19. (as of now I shoot my 19 better than any other of my 6 pistols)

I'd mod up a new 48 or 43x with sights and trigger right away. Then mags and lots of range time before I make it one of my carry guns. But they sure do feel nice, I'll give ya that.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    The 48 was not on my list at all since I have my bases covered with a 19 and a shield...but then I held a 48 and 43x at my lgs and now I want both. I might acquire one or the other even before I get a second "back-up" 19. (as of now I shoot my 19 better than any other of my 6 pistols)

I'd mod up a new 48 or 43x with sights and trigger right away. Then mags and lots of range time before I make it one of my carry guns. But they sure do feel nice, I'll give ya that.
    Yes, when you get a chance to hold a 48, the grip just feels right I think it is more of a big deal for people with smaller hands. I have small hands, and the G48 is just perfect.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I view my Glocks like I view my DeWalt 20v cordless drill- dependable tools that work every single time. They aren't sexy and exciting but I know they will hit what I aim at and go bang every time I pull the trigger. And that's why I carry a Glock as a defensive handgun.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I view my Glocks like I view my DeWalt 20v cordless drill- dependable tools that work every single time. They aren't sexy and exciting but I know they will hit what I aim at and go bang every time I pull the trigger. And that's why I carry a Glock as a defensive handgun.
    That's my feeling toward them as well. I love my wife's .45 Colt New Vaquero and my BHP, but the Glock 19 is the gun they will bury me with.

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, I rented the 43X on Thursday. I did not like it as much as the Glock 48 either. I thought it had more recoil than my 9mm version 1 Shield. So, I am going to pass on the 43x for now. The G48 just feels perfect.

As a huge DA/SA carry guy, even I am surprised that I now find myself carrying a Glock again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    That's my feeling toward them as well. I love my wife's .45 Colt New Vaquero and my BHP, but the Glock 19 is the gun they will bury me with.

Andy
    I just said that the other day to my buddy--when I die send my glock 19x with me

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    Yes, when you get a chance to hold a 48, the grip just feels right I think it is more of a big deal for people with smaller hands. I have small hands, and the G48 is just perfect.
    If so, would be the first Glock I have ever held that did that. For me, they ranged from not the worst I ever held, such as the newer Gen 17, and surprisingly the 20, to "why would anyone willingly own this thing?" response to it. If I see one in a store, will check it out at least.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    If so, would be the first Glock I have ever held that did that. For me, they ranged from not the worst I ever held, such as the newer Gen 17, and surprisingly the 20, to "why would anyone willingly own this thing?" response to it. If I see one in a store, will check it out at least.
    Yes, check it out. I have carried it a week, and I periodically practice holstering and unholstering it. I am still impressed with the way the grip feels

Feedback Score
    I really got the Glock bug when the Gen 5s came out with front serrations and NO cut out in the grip.
    Now I have two Gen 5 G19s (one of which is MOS) and two G45s (one which is MOS).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    I really got the Glock bug when the Gen 5s came out with front serrations and NO cut out in the grip.
    Now I have two Gen 5 G19s (one of which is MOS) and two G45s (one which is MOS).
    I was actually pleasantly surprised to find the cutout did not impede reloads by any measurable amount. I can appreciate some may have their finger naturally in that location (which could cause issues shooting and reloading), but not the case for me... i fully expected it to be detrimental.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast