Thread: Who Makes It?

Feedback Score

Who Makes It?

Cabela's Herter's box. When S&B made it, it was headstamped "Herter's", box specified "made in Czech Republic". Box is now more like Winchester boxes, with this headstamp, says made in USA. Search engine nets me nothing definitive.

hQKKoCAl.jpg

Feedback Score
    Blazer Brass??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    I don't know, but my bet is that they don't want us to know. This way they can award contracts to the lowest qualified bidder. The next time you buy, it may actually be made by a different company. Unless the in store prices are significantly less than their website prices, it's significantly overpriced anyway.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The two stars are a “Starline” thing.

Add; Starline is my go to for magnum handgun brass. It is GTG.
    Last edited by gaijin; 03-06-20 at 13:20.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    The two stars are a “Starline” thing.
    I thought that too at first, but then I looked at a Starline 9mm headstamp. The stars are not formed the same. Note the dot in the middle of the stars. I'm thinking that whoever made the brass is simply trying to appear patriotic.

Feedback Score
    I believe we've sorted out that it's manufactured by Olin/Winchester for them. The packaging is otherwise very reminiscent of Winchester's, as well as some other minor details. It's no WWB, though, it chronographs significantly hotter, and has the recoil to go with it. I've only shot a box of it, but thus far I'd say it's pretty decent stuff.