Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bergara 300WM B14 HMR

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Is the FGGM a MatchKing load?
    Yes it is the FGGM 190's. Wonder what powder is in that ammo? It shot the first shot a tad low then stacked 4 shots in one hole just above the first shot. Solid .5 MOA group.

Anyone have a good Reloader load for 300winnie? Or otherwise? Need to try something different, we have been so lucky our last 6 300's all liked the H1K loads, none picky at all. This Bergara 300 is a touch picky it seems, we have been lazy with all the ease of good loads with zero effort.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Have you tried any projectiles other than the hornadys? It might just not like them.

I stocked up a shit ton of 225 eldm's when I snagged my .300 Norma. I've had great luck with Hornady bullets in all my other rifles. It hates them, both handloaded and factory match. It liked the Berger factory match ammo though. I haven't had any time to mess with it further, but I'm going to just get some Berger 230s and handload those.

I'd give another projectile a shot as it seems to like the FGMM.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sierras too. It's a challenge, but I'm looking forward to the Reloader test ammo.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We have Sierras to load and some Bergers Hybrids too. You make a good point Pyro.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We shot some crazy velocities Sunday. Some loads beating our usual hot load by 100 fps. Back to the drawing board to run some loads that will (I hope) back us into a nice hot node.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ramshot Magnum (Accurate Powders) is my go-to powder. I’ve reloaded a variety of heavy bullets (208-220) to include the 208 AMAX and now the 212 ELD-X for hunting loads and they shoot great. I’ve never owned a bergara, but I’ve owned multiple R700s and Weatherby Vanguard/Howa 1500s. Always around .5 moa. I’ve always made sure I use the same brass. I prefer buying once fired Black Hills Match. I have a Larry Willis die to other 300 WM chambers don’t worry me too much.

I put them .010 off the lands. In a 26” R700, I get 2990 FPS the 208s. in the 26” Weatherby 3010 fps. I shoot at sea level in the panhandle of Florida with high humidity and plenty of heat!

I have to single load in my Weatherby Vanguard wilderness. The Weatherby is a laser, but the mag box is shorter than a 700.

I know others will disagree, 300 WM’s benefit from blue loctite on scope bases and rings. My wilderness is under 8 lbs with a Leupold 4.5-14x40, CDS ZL2 and Leupold direct Mount backcountry rings.

Accurate does not have load data for Hornady bullets so I use their 210 Berger data (at the advise of their tech consultant).

Lastly, Ramshot is often easier to find than H1000 or Retumbo.
    Last edited by Bellycrawl; 04-01-20 at 09:54.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Interesting Post Belly, you are getting some good velocities.

PB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    All I can say is Holly shit, don't buy a $1k gun, $2K scope and use $45 Burris Chinese rings. I had these rings on another 300 that was very hefty and the rings did OK.

Nevertheless, I put badger rings on the 300 and tightened the base screws and Mark shot a .25 inch. I mean holes in holes. How frustrating to be this stupid, all the while relieved. I was able to tighten the base even though I rocksett the base.?? $200 in ammo later we have a shooter.

We looked at the inside of the rings and there were markings to indicate the rings didn't hold the scope perfectly concetric. Maybe Mark can post some pictures. Mark will have rings for sell on the EE for a good price, just a heads up.

Bergara once again did not disappoint, even with my best attempt to blow it.

PB

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Glad it's solved! The legend of Bergera just keeps growing...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Gun still shoots 208s wide right by 3 MOA with real rings. But we finally have bullet holes touching one another.

Got a first attempt hit at 1300 too.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast