Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bergara 300WM B14 HMR

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Bergara 300WM B14 HMR

I walked into Sportsman's this week and they had a Bergara 300WM. It was on sale for $900 from a mere $950. The first thing I noticed was the barrel was very beefy, which I like. Trigger as suspected at 2.8 lbs ...

So I take a picture of the tag and sent to Markm, ( I had difficulty adding a 6th 300WM). Mark scoops it up the next day.

I had it bedded and we got a NF 20 MOA base. Going to toss a NF on it and Range report to follow. I am very impressed with this gun so far, results will determine but my initial impression is IMPRESSED.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    What's better than 5 300 Win Mags????

This gun is a LOT of gun for the money. Bottom metal with Magpul mag, Threaded Barrel, Good stock with comb & LOP adjustment, threaded barrel, 26" target weigh barrel, and a good trigger.
    Last edited by markm; 03-06-20 at 12:43.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have it's little brother in 6.5C. I bedded the recoil lug. NF 20 MOA base also. So far it's held .5 to .8 MOA out to 600 yards with 140 accubonds for a hunting load I was working on. It shoots better with 140 ELDMs. My last 4 groups of 140 ELDM at 100 were .26, .53, .61 and .35 MOA. Let us know how it shoos since I'd eventually like a .300WM in my collection.

Feedback Score
    I have shot some very expensive sniper rifles, GAP, Surgeon, AI etccc and in my experience an out of the box bergara is not very far behind them when it comes to accuracy

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhill12 View Post
    I have shot some very expensive sniper rifles, GAP, Surgeon, AI etccc and in my experience an out of the box bergara is not very far behind them when it comes to accuracy
    That was Pappabear's point. Guys will spend many many times the price of some of these current production guns, and not get much, if anything more as far as performance.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhill12 View Post
    It’s pretty ridiculous what they sell them for $$$.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You guys have a 300 Winmag addiction..... and I want to play with the new rifle.

My buddy has a 308 HMR and I was thoroughly impressed by that gun.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Well well well, there is good news and bad news. We started out with our Hot large bullet handloads and it shot 1.5 to 2 inch groups. 220 & 225 ELD's. We were a bit taken back by a Bergara shooting half ass. Then I said, lets try FGGM 190 factory ammo. It shot a 3 shot group with 2 shots in one hole then one right beside it. Probably half inch.

So we speculate the gun either likes lighter bullets or lower velocities. So Mark is going to load up some 208 AMAX's we have laying around and load our pet loads .5 grain less powder.

We will see what happens next week. Range report to follow.

PB

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Good info in this thread. It makes me want to grow up and go bigger than 5.56, despite my reloading supplies telling me not to.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You can get a 6.5CM and shoot factory ammo way too cheap, just a thought if you want to play. S&B 140BTHP for .60 a round that is not the best, but still doable.

PB

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast