Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bergara 300WM B14 HMR

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’ve been tempted by the Bergara’s PB.
    Lotta gun for the bucks.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I fully expect to figure a great load for this rifle. I had the same Riflesmith build all my 300’s so the loads were all fat dumb and happy with current loading. It made us lazy, but now we gotta little work to do.

PB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yep. The gun shot over 2 MOA with the 230 gr A-Tips. Vertical and a little horizontal stringing. I was hoping to rob the same train again, but it looks like we'll actually have to develop a load.

Thankfully Pappabear had some factory SMK GMM so we could at least see the gun will shoot sub MOA. The wind was all over the place and we didn't even go the mile shot hide.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Load development would be so much easier if you could just shoot out of the loading room window, making changes as needed.

Persevere gentlemen.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Load development would be so much easier if you could just shoot out of the loading room window, making changes as needed.

Persevere gentlemen.
    No joke. Some guy posted pics of a setup about that good. Might have been this site years ago. His shop had a bench and where he'd shoot right there. On some ranch or something.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    There's a guy at our local range that's an "Across the Course" competitor.

He brings out a 2' X 6' sheet of 3/4" plywood with C-clamps he mounts to a bench behind the bench rests/firing points.

He has; reloader-sizing/seating dies/etc./scales, powder(s)/primers/bullets, all the stuff for reloading.

He actually tweaks loads at the range, outside- in the Kansas winds.
    Apparently this works for him, I'll just say he is much more patient than me.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mark and I walked up on a Benchrest match at Ben Avery and saw the same thing. I was like this is crazy, and the guy was like DO NOT GET INTO THIS SPORT, IT WILL MAKE YOU INSANE!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Mark and I walked up on a Benchrest match at Ben Avery and saw the same thing. I was like this is crazy, and the guy was like DO NOT GET INTO THIS SPORT, IT WILL MAKE YOU INSANE!

PB
    That's funny stuff. I so want to get into LR shooting, but there are other priorities going on right now on top of me wanting get a motorcycle once my L4-L5 fusion fully heals (6 weeks now). I love my wife, but they sure can cramp your style...lol.

For now, I just read your guys posts, live though you guys, and dream about it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    That's funny stuff. I so want to get into LR shooting, but there are other priorities going on right now on top of me wanting get a motorcycle once my L4-L5 fusion fully heals (6 weeks now). I love my wife, but they sure can cramp your style...lol.

For now, I just read your guys posts, live though you guys, and dream about it.
    If you partner with someone who is already doing it, it's so much easier. We take guys out and they get to jump right in with a complete "Spa day" set up. Starting off on your own is tough. I can remember trying to get my first 500 yard hits on my own by setting up steel and driving out and milling the target to try to get a shot. I didn't even have a range finder.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    If you partner with someone who is already doing it, it's so much easier. We take guys out and they get to jump right in with a complete "Spa day" set up. Starting off on your own is tough. I can remember trying to get my first 500 yard hits on my own by setting up steel and driving out and milling the target to try to get a shot. I didn't even have a range finder.
    This is an awesome concept that has worked well for me helping new shooters get into it. Let's call it the PMMAP (Pabbabear Markm Marksmanship Advisory Program) or something. Lol
    I and three others were elated this summer to push 223Rem Markm loads all the way out to 800. Anything that helps grow things in the shooting world is a plus.

Back on topic, what has become the go to 300 WM load? Are you guys chasing high BC or mostly using a friendly bullet like the SMK?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast