Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bergara 300WM B14 HMR

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I am really tempted to jump on one of these. I have a stock pile of 175 match Kings I would like to shoot. I know it’s light but I am cheap.

I was thinking about the ruger long range target and discovered this rifle yesterday. It seems like this is a lot of value for a 900 dollar gun.

Glad you have a shooter.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Those 175's should come out hot hot hot. If you work out a load, let us know how they shoot and FPS if you have a chrono.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    You can get a 6.5CM and shoot factory ammo way too cheap, just a thought if you want to play. S&B 140BTHP for .60 a round that is not the best, but still doable.

PB
    I had that SP ammo hold .7 moa 5 shot groups. The cheap 120 Winchester target did the same. I was impressed for how cheap that ammo was.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrshmitty View Post
    I had that SP ammo hold .7 moa 5 shot groups. The cheap 120 Winchester target did the same. I was impressed for how cheap that ammo was.
    It is alarming. And for people that can only shoot to 5 to 600 yards, you would never even need to buy H-ELD's. And we all thought that 308 was inherently accurate.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Waiting to get my Begara HMR in .308. Can't wait, this stay at home order has prevented me, so I just get read about others.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    I wouldnt hesitate to go get a Begara after the experience I had with this one. For the money you cant go wrong with it. With the money you save you can buy better optics too.

Feedback Score
    When I was hunting for the One Bolt Gun to Rule Them All, I nearly bought an HMR in 6.5... Got a tikka t3x lite instead. Now, I STILL want the HMR. I guess the tikka can be the dedicated backpacking rifle (6.5lb stock, plus an ATACR on it is still lighter than a naked HMR) while the HMR gets the fatty fatty glass for bench shooting...

Glad you fellas worked things out with your 300WM. Were I more of a man, or just richer, I'd get into the 300WM game. As is, if you place a shot well, 6.5CM kills most anything on four legs in North America. I do live near enough to some BLM land that would let me bash rocks way out there, though... Shooting is a rabbit hole.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 05-02-20 at 00:47.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    When I was hunting for the One Bolt Gun to Rule Them All, I nearly bought an HMR in 6.5... Got a tikka t3x lite instead. Now, I STILL want the HMR. I guess the tikka can be the dedicated backpacking rifle (6.5lb stock, plus an ATACR on it is still lighter than a naked HMR) while the HMR gets the fatty fatty glass for bench shooting...

Glad you fellas worked things out with your 300WM. Were I more of a man, or just richer, I'd get into the 300WM game. As is, if you place a shot well, 6.5CM kills most anything on four legs in North America. I do live near enough to some BLM land that would let me bash rocks way out there, though... Shooting is a rabbit hole.
    A very deep rabbit hole.

PB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I walked into Sportsman's this week and they had a Bergara 300WM. It was on sale for $900 from a mere $950. The first thing I noticed was the barrel was very beefy, which I like. Trigger as suspected at 2.8 lbs ...

So I take a picture of the tag and sent to Markm, ( I had difficulty adding a 6th 300WM). Mark scoops it up the next day.

I had it bedded and we got a NF 20 MOA base. Going to toss a NF on it and Range report to follow. I am very impressed with this gun so far, results will determine but my initial impression is IMPRESSED.

PB
    Pappabear what is the weight with scope and ammo loaded for your Bergara? Love the looks and accuracy and would be fun to be back in the 300 WM game again.. used to have a Rem 700 Sendero and with ammo and scope it was a hog to hump in and hunt. Becomes a balance of what is usable vs just a range toy for me. Thanks

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    Pappabear what is the weight with scope and ammo loaded for your Bergara? Love the looks and accuracy and would be fun to be back in the 300 WM game again.. used to have a Rem 700 Sendero and with ammo and scope it was a hog to hump in and hunt. Becomes a balance of what is usable vs just a range toy for me. Thanks
    Its not going to be a light hunting gun:
    Base gun is 9.9lbs
    Nightforce 2 lbs
    Atlas 13.6 oz
    = close to 13lb rifle add ammo and rings base...
    BaseRings??
    Ammo?

This was internet specs; So I weighed myself and the scale weigh me twice in a row @205.8lbs, so the scales seem decent

Weighed with the rifle and came up with a 13.6 lb rifle

Not exactly a lightweight hunter.

PB

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast