Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Current state of S&W M&P15’s?

Feedback Score
    I was never looking at a Sport model, or any carbine length, only the magpul MOE mid-lengths. People were all negative on these at beginning of thread so I just ignored it. I’m sure it’s too late now to get a good deal. I had seen it for $600.

Feedback Score
    The Sports were sub 500 for a time. As of a week or so ago still deals on them ( included cases/ red dots etc. ) for just over 500. Now I dont know.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RKB Armory View Post
    There haven't been any negative reviews in this thread, so far. That's fairly impressive, to me.
    I think we get too caught up in the "fighting gun" mindset. For most folks there's probably a place for a .223 chambered sub $700 gun if they know what they're getting and aren't going to beat the piss out if it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    I think with this Corona shit going on it's gonna be awhile before most people are willing or able to" beat the piss " Out of alot of there guns. But let's say for the average guy you have a proven rifle as your hd gun. I don't see an issue buying an m&p/ruger/ stag/ palmetto, to run steel through and practice with even as an experiment to see how well and long the gun holds up. Just my opinion. If the gun is a duty weapon that your buying out of pocket spending a couple hundred more makes sense in that case. But op's first post was asking about a " beater" In my mind that is a gun you'll beat the piss out of with tula. My dept. uses pool weapons there is no provision for bringing in your own rifle period. It's also difficult to get the rifle for off duty training.I bought a M&P mid Magpul moe awhile back. S&w has an excellent reputation for warranty and customer service ,the gun had alot of extras and was priced well. I bought it to train fundamentals,shooting the cheapest bulk ammo I could afford. I'm not an operator in any sense. But for my purpose and budget the rifle made sense.

Feedback Score
    My M&P15 with Leupold is just as accurate as my brother’s LWRC with Trijicon. But then I’ve never been a fan of doing “mag dumps”.

Feedback Score
    They are very popular with police departments.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RKB Armory View Post
    There haven't been any negative reviews in this thread, so far. That's fairly impressive, to me.
    Ok, I'll give one. Had an ORC circa late 2011. Jammed like crazy after shooting steel through it. Cleaned it, lubed, changed ammo, mags, sent it back, everything.

Eventually just stopped using it. Didn't stop me from buying a Sport II, and I just paid for another rifle from them.

Feedback Score
    For what its worth, i bought a magpul edition m&p 15 and dont regret it. Suprisingly its very well built. I thought it was just cosmetic. Not at all. It shoots smooth, the gas port size is .73. Its also a mid gas length. The bolt has an magnetic particle stamp too. Its staked properly at castle nut and carrier keys. The barrel is 1/8 twist and shoots very tight groups at 36 yards. Im extremely impressed with it. Id buy another one in a heart beat

Feedback Score
    Are you saying the size of the gas port is three quarters of an inch???

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BLACKROCK6 View Post
    They are very popular with police departments.
    I’m not saying its a bad rifle, because I don’t know, but this is not a good measuring stick for carbines.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt Carson View Post
    Are you saying the size of the gas port is three quarters of an inch???
    I think he lost a zero.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast