Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This has been a question several times, Milled or MOS for RMR

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

This has been a question several times, Milled or MOS for RMR

POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    The guy from C&H is a heck of a salesman..Should do Infomercials.

BUT, I bought one for my G19.5 MOS and fits tight. Almost as tight at Doug's work at ATEI.

Last edited by RWH24; 03-08-20 at 01:24.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    When I was making this decision for myself, I looked at milling, but a quick glance of available options kinda turned me off. I looked at pre-cut slides, and they had some drawbacks, like holster compatibility. So I bought a MOS. Then I bought an RMR (because the optics I had were defective, another story). Well, I then found that neither the RMR or the MOS come with the correct screws to secure the optic to the plate. WTF?

So, I head to the internet to buy screws. There was all kind of sealing plate kits with screws. But, I didn’t need a sealing plate. Oh look! Glockstore has just the screws! Joy! Well, they don’t fit. Wrong diameter. I talk to customer service, exchange pictures, they send me new screws. Wrong diameter; don’t fit. They insist that they hand checked them.

Then, I stumble across C&H while trying to figure out where everyone is getting screws from. Website says the plate comes with screws. Ordered it, installed it, no more mounting drama. It is vastly superior to the MOS plates, particularly in thread engagement. Now I’m a fanboy, because I have not taken a RMR to the forehead in almost two years.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I paid a local gunsmith to mill my Glock 17 to fit a Holosun 507c-GR. The man has a reputation for quality work and did a great job on my pistol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    When I was making this decision for myself, I looked at milling, but a quick glance of available options kinda turned me off. I looked at pre-cut slides, and they had some drawbacks, like holster compatibility. So I bought a MOS. Then I bought an RMR (because the optics I had were defective, another story). Well, I then found that neither the RMR or the MOS come with the correct screws to secure the optic to the plate. WTF?

So, I head to the internet to buy screws. There was all kind of sealing plate kits with screws. But, I didn’t need a sealing plate. Oh look! Glockstore has just the screws! Joy! Well, they don’t fit. Wrong diameter. I talk to customer service, exchange pictures, they send me new screws. Wrong diameter; don’t fit. They insist that they hand checked them.

Then, I stumble across C&H while trying to figure out where everyone is getting screws from. Website says the plate comes with screws. Ordered it, installed it, no more mounting drama. It is vastly superior to the MOS plates, particularly in thread engagement. Now I’m a fanboy, because I have not taken a RMR to the forehead in almost two years.
    I'm going to have to remember this just in case. I was going to have my 17.5 milled but then I stumbled into a used 45mos with a Hulson optic for about the same price as a new 45 mos. It's still on layaway but my plan was to first just try out the Hulson since it's already there, then sell it and go for an RMR.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Forward controls design has MOS plates coming out. I only have a few of their products but love every one that I do have. I seriously doubt roger would sell something that’s not great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I first put a red dot on a pistol in June of 2001, it was a doctor Optic and used a mount that fit in the rear sight slot.

Since then I have done milled slides.

Bottom line they both work.

Milled just looks better in my opinion.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast