Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: This has been a question several times, Milled or MOS for RMR

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I received my FCD OPF-G plate for a new G45MOS yesterday. Mounted everything up and shot a couple hundred rounds yesterday evening.

It’s a very nice setup. Quality workmanship, solid attachment and it looks good. Very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    I’ve been on the fence about buying a new Glock G45 MOS or getting a slide milled on my existing G45.

This FCD OPF-G for an RMR is the solution I’ve been waiting for. Ordered a new G45 MOS, RMR Type 2, and this plate today.

Look of forward to trying the combo.

ETA: order confirmation at 11:59 am. Order shipped confirmation at 12:23 pm. Wow. Great service.

you will like it a lot. I have both and as I do like the milled slide better, the FCD one has the rmr a mere .050 inches higher than the milled slide. I like the rear sight forward of the optic or otherwise I would have simply bought two mos models, and two of the FCD plates and not sent off a slide for 5 weeks. I will say, be prepared because my rmr fit so tight in the FCD plate that I swear I don't need screws to hold it on. I almost couldn't get it flush with out beating it on. Not so much with the milled slide

Feedback Score
    I prefer milled

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This plate seems like a good option for an RMR. I had a gen 1 RMR on a Gen4 MOS and doing not abusive, but what I would call normal reload drills my zero began to drift . I could not explain it so I started to pull everything off of the MOS gun and the MOS plate was cracked in two pieces between the screws. I traded the MOS gun for a standard 19 and purchased a slide milled for a DPP. I have been a milled slide guy since then.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Soon, it shouldn't take long, the ground work is mostly done, it's rather similar to the Glock plate. We're focusing on releasing our v3 bolt catches and long awaited ambi safety, and have a lot of resourced tied up in them
    @Duffy Any news on the Holosun plate for the Glock MOS system?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    507C works with OPF-G, RMR, there are no plans to directly support Holosun sights by means of H sight specific plates.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    507C works with OPF-G, RMR, there are no plans to directly support Holosun sights by means of H sight specific plates.
    Excellent. Thank you! That's the sight we'll be installing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I looked at pre-cut slides, and they had some drawbacks, like holster compatibility.
    This doesn’t make any sense. On a milled slide the RMR sits lower. I can theoretically see a MOS equipped slide causing fitment issues in a holster designed for a milled slide, but not the other way around.

———————————

Regardless, I donÂ’t see the value in a MOS type plate over a milled slide unless you can’t (or don’t want to) afford an RMR, or you believe something better is somewhere on the horizon.

I don’t think anyone would seriously argue that there is another option better or even as good as an RMR. ‘Bang for the buck’ is another matter… But if you want the best, most durable and most reliable, then the only option is the RMR, and the most solid mounting method is a milled slide. There may be reasons for choosing a MOS plate over milled, but it comes down to what the gun is for.
    Last edited by Sooter76; 11-15-21 at 08:02.

Feedback Score
    To me I am not even sure it’s a price thing. To me it’s more of a patience thing. I have an mos 45 and one directly milled by battlewerx and in all honesty after having the pistol milled, rear sight moved in front of rmr, and re-nitrited, it was essentially the same price of buying an mos and a plate from Duffy. There is no way I would ever use the Glock plates because they are garbage. Only difference I see is that the milled is ever so slightly lower in the slide but it is noticeable. Duffy see plates are far superior to any other plates out there in my opinion. Plus the shipping is screamingly fast

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooter76 View Post
    This doesn’t make any sense. On a milled slide the RMR sits lower. I can theoretically see a MOS equipped slide causing fitment issues in a holster designed for a milled slide, but not the other way around.
    Snip
    Sure it does. Not all aftermarket pre-cut slides fit holsters made for factory guns. Nothing to do with the RMR cut itself.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast