Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This has been a question several times, Milled or MOS for RMR

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Forward controls design has MOS plates coming out. I only have a few of their products but love every one that I do have. I seriously doubt roger would sell something that’s not great.
    Forward Controld OPF-G (RMR)

Shipping today. I have 2 inbound for a G19.5MOS
    Last edited by PrivateCitizen; 03-09-20 at 19:10.

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    For my first foray into pistol RDS I went with a G19 gen 5 MOS. I figured this way of I don't like it I can just put the filler plate back on and call it a day. I did a little research ahead of time and went with the plate from CHPWS though and I do highly recommend it if you go the MOS route. For my second one I sent my G17 gen 5 slide to Jagerwerks to be milled and refinished. It turned out great. The downsides to milling are the increased cost, turnaround time, and need to refinish the slide, or at least the milled area. If you use the plate from CHPWS or presumably the new one from FCD I don't really see a downside to the MOS option.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Forward controls design has MOS plates coming out. I only have a few of their products but love every one that I do have. I seriously doubt roger would sell something that’s not great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateCitizen View Post
    Forward Controld OPF-G (RMR)

Shipping today. I have 2 inbound for a G19.5MOS
    I am well aware of Roger's reputation for outstanding quality and service, so with that said, what are the pros/cons to his plate vs. the one from CHPWS?
    Last edited by SteveL; 03-09-20 at 21:39.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Is the FCD unit steel?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I have a 19 gen 4 MOS that I bought to try it out. I also have a 1911 that I had the mount system installed on for an RMR from Trijicon.

Having ran all this for a couple years I just had a gen4 17 slide low milled to accept an RMR. After that I’ll never buy another plate system again. Except, something along the lines of the Atom series. I would like to try one of those. At least see how it is.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Is the FCD unit steel?
    Since posting above I read all the details on the FCD site and it specifies it's made of steel.

It also specifies the screws are torx, which IMO makes it the superior choice over the CHPWS option which uses hex screws. I wallowed out the head on one of the hex screws that came with my CHPWS plate. I had to drill the head off to get it out and order replacements. This was and is my only complaint about the CHPWS option.

I'm also surprised to see it's not compatible with Holosun optics. I was under the impression the RMR and Holosun 507 had an identical footprint.
    Last edited by SteveL; 03-09-20 at 22:19.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Since posting above I read all the details on the FCD site and it specifies it's made of steel.

It also specifies the screws are torx, which IMO makes it the superior choice over the CHPWS option which uses hex screws. I wallowed out the head on one of the hex screws that came with my CHPWS plate. I had to drill the head off to get it out and order replacements. This was and is my only complaint about the CHPWS option.

I'm also surprised to see it's not compatible with Holosun optics. I was under the impression the RMR and Holosun 507 had an identical footprint.
    I don’t remember what Roger said about it off the top of my head, but it definitely speaks to the tight for of his plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I see the FCD options ships with the same size screws (albeit Torx) as MOS. I've read complaints about the MOS factory screws, not enough engagement or something. Anyone have one yet and your thoughts? Otherwise, the FCD seems like the best option. I've been going back and forth on milled vs. MOS and if it works, I think MOS with the FCD unit is the answer.

Another question, is it really a good idea to not use a sealer plate as FCD says not to? Again, just what I've read, but most seem to recommend using a sealer plate no matter what route you go, which would make sense to me. I've seen a few RMRs on Glocks ruined from moisture getting in.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OPF-G, RMR is live, more detailed description on the page https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.co...RMR_p_224.html

It's 1018 steel, black nitrided. We do use Torx screws.

OPF-G, RMR is made for RMR and SRO, where there are already minor differences in length, SRO being very slightly longer and you have to pop the SRO inside the plate. Though RMR and Holosun share the basic mounting footprint, OPF-G, RMR's design fully encloses the sight front and rear via its recoil lugs/fences, the fit is too precise to allow the Holosun's slightly less curved front end.

So Holoson will get its own plate
    Last edited by Duffy; 03-10-20 at 07:49.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    OPF-G, RMR is live, more detailed description on the page https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.co...RMR_p_224.html

It's 1018 steel, black nitrided. We do use Torx screws.

OPF-G, RMR is made for RMR and SRO, where there are already minor differences in length, SRO being very slightly longer and you have to pop the SRO inside the plate. Though RMR and Holosun share the basic mounting footprint, OPF-G, RMR's design fully encloses the sight front and rear via its recoil lugs/fences, the fit is too precise to allow the Holosun's slightly less curved front end.

So Holoson will get its own plate
    Thank you for the explanation.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Glock's MOS design uses a rather thin plate, so the sight to plate thread engagement meets the minimum, but no more. We might develop something to address that, but it'd be at the expense of slightly taller sight height.

OPF-G, RMR is based on the Glock MOS, we didn't change the thickness of the plate. For users and agencies that already use MOS, the sight height remains the same, and there's no need to change iron sights to use ours.

A taller OPF-G, RMR will change that, albeit slightly.
    Last edited by Duffy; 03-10-20 at 10:21.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast