Thread: Arsenal SLR 106F Stock interchangeability

Feedback Score

Arsenal SLR 106F Stock interchangeability

A buddy has a triangle folder 106, and I have the full-stock looking folder 106 ; he wants to trade me stocks cuz he likes the little trap door...

How interchangeable are they? They look the same to me, but I wanted to ask any Bulgarian AK gurus out there to confirm. I am not great at using tools on things that can be broken.

Is it just punch out the pin, change stocks and voila?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Oops nevermind I miss read you post, as long as both stock are Bulgarian the stocks should interchange.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 03-08-20 at 11:57.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Yes, generally, the two stocks should play well. It is possible to have fitment issues, though: Don't expect your new stock to feel identical in function (locking up, folding, &c.).
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a 104FR (the 5.45 version) and I swapped the polymer folder out for a triangle several years back quickly and pretty easily from what I recall. I don’t remember the exact process, like for some reason I seem to remember needing to have the stock in a half-folded position when I did it, but it did pretty much just amount to driving a pin out, switching the stocks, and driving the pin back in.
    Only snag you might run into is if you try and put a newer production Russian stock on a Bulgarian rifle. I kinda got out of AKs a while ago (I still like the 5.45 guns but I’m kinda “meh” on AKs in general these days) so I’ve forgotten some of the little factoids and so forth, but if I remember correctly the Russians started using a larger 5.5mm hinge pin on their stock, which prevents them from fitting on a Bulgarian rifle - which still uses a 4.5mm hinge pin.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 03-09-20 at 06:03.

Feedback Score
    Tap the hinge pin out and they'll swap over...

Or you can install a 1913 adaptor and expand your options...

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:37.

Feedback Score
    Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate it!

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Tap the hinge pin out and they'll swap over...

Or you can install a 1913 adaptor and expand your options...

If you go the 1913 route, are there stocks that will lock in the folded position?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocaster View Post
    If you go the 1913 route, are there stocks that will lock in the folded position?
    None that I've ever seen. You'd have to remove the rail mount to lock it folded.