Thread: Finally Done!

Feedback Score

Finally Done!

I bought my Colt LE6920 SOCOM M4A1 5.56 on July 3rd, 2015. I finished it up this last week, finally. It's been an absolute labor of love. I've wanted a Colt since I was a kid and finally got the opportunity to buy one in 2015. I've got a few pics, what it looked like when I first bought it and a couple of the finished product. I'm very happy with the final product and it's absolutely dead on accurate. It's had about 1500 rounds put thru it and it's never had a jam, failure to feed, or any other malfunction. So, here's the description and a few pics:

- Colt LE6920 SOCOM upper and lower. Manufactured in September of 2013, purchased on July 3rd, 2015.
    - Colt SOCOM Heavy Barrel
    - Yankee Hill YHM-28 5C1 Comp/Flash Hider
    - Bravo Company Manufacturing Gunfighter 12.62" Free Floated Quad Rail
    - Bravo Company Manufacturing Gunfighter Ambidextrous 3x3 Charging Handle
    - Bravo Company Manufacturing .750 Low Profile Gas Block
    - Meprolight FRBS Flip-Up Tritium Back-Up Front and Rear Sights
    - Sig Sauer Romeo 5XDR Red Dot Optic
    - American Defense Manufacturing AD-T1-L Quick Detach Mount For the Sig Sauer Romeo 5XDR
    - Sig Sauer Juliet 4x Magnifier
    - Crimson Trace CWL-102 LED Tac Flashlight With Velcro Straps and Pressure Pad
    - Larue Tactical Index Clips for securing Flashlight Wires
    - Hogue Overmolded Mil-Spec Collapsible Buttstock (Black)
    - Hogue Overmolded Rubber Gun Grip (Black)
    - Colt MK18 6-Position Receiver Extension (Replaces the Stock 4-Position Receiver Extension)
    - Colt Stock Mil-Spec Trigger
    - Colt Stock Ambidextrous Safety
    - Colt H2 Buffer Spring Assembly
    - Magpul MIAD Winter Trigger Guard
    - Armageddon Gear Carbine Sling with QD Mounts

It's taken a while, but it was well worth it.

socom1_blue_label-2.jpg
    IMG_1867.jpg
    IMG_1869.jpg
    IMG_1870.jpg
    IMG_1873.jpg

Feedback Score
    Like it. What made you free float it? Instead of starting with a virgin barrel?

Feedback Score
    I dig it. I have the same flash hider on my 14.5 "M4"

Feedback Score
    A lot of reading to be honest sir. I read many articles about the advantages of a free-floated handguard as it pertains to accuracy with a heavier barrel like the SOCOM barrel. I worked in LE for about 20 years and our PD armorer explained some of the advantages to me so I originally went with a Larue Tactical 10-inch quad rail which I had on there for about 4 years. I then came across the BCM which is free-floated and apparently just about bomb proof like the Larue but the weight is less and I liked the look with the barrel nut being internal not external. Thank you for the compliment. I was able to finally take it to the range last weekend as a finished product and was definitely not disappointed. It's a very accurate rifle, much more so than the shooter's 47-year old eyes...lol

Feedback Score
    I like those Yankee Hill flash hiders. I used that on a recommendation from a friend who had on one his Smith and Wesson M&P. It's a very highly rated flash hider and not very expensive. I put it on there a few months after I purchased the rifle and have never wanted another kind. It has good form and high functionality, win-win. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Lol, I hear you. I've got 45 year old eyes.

Feedback Score
    What kind of M4 do you have? I'm trying to decide which way to go on my next rifle project.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Very nice blaster- congrats on doin it right!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Thank you very much. It's taken a very long time and a lot of money, but I'm very satisfied with the end product. Trying to decide what to go with as far as parts took forever. Trying to decide on what kind of build to start on next.
    Last edited by ghosttwofive; 03-31-20 at 10:06.