Thread: German K98k with gewehrgranatgerät (grenade launcher)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

German K98k with gewehrgranatgerät (grenade launcher)

I've had this one awhile but as they seem to be a lot less common now I thought I'd post some pics of this old war horse. Sadly no vet history on this one. It's a German coded (dot 1944) Czech production (WAFFENWERKE BRUENN A.G.) rifle with a correct E/63 proofed but mismatched numbered bolt assembly. Everything else matches on the rifle and the sling is also original with German waffenamts. Bore is shiny. The H on the stock indicates this particular rifle saw service with the Wehrmacht (Heer).The original German Gewehrgranatgerät unit and original grenade box were with it when I acquired it. The rope handle on the box was replaced. Obviously the anti personnel and anti-tank grenades are dewat. This clamp on accessory turned any standard rifle into a grenadier model. The elaborate clamp-on rear sight with bubble level (this one still works!) was usually not used. The wrench is used to disassemble the launcher for cleaning. The grenades were launched with a special cartridge that was packaged with the grenades.

Last edited by kosmoelean; 03-09-20 at 00:17.