Thread: German K98k with gewehrgranatgerät (grenade launcher)

Feedback Score

German K98k with gewehrgranatgerät (grenade launcher)

I've had this one awhile but as they seem to be a lot less common now I thought I'd post some pics of this old war horse. Sadly no vet history on this one. It's a German coded (dot 1944) Czech production (WAFFENWERKE BRUENN A.G.) rifle with a correct E/63 proofed but mismatched numbered bolt assembly. Everything else matches on the rifle and the sling is also original with German waffenamts. Bore is shiny. The H on the stock indicates this particular rifle saw service with the Wehrmacht (Heer).The original German Gewehrgranatgerät unit and original grenade box were with it when I acquired it. The rope handle on the box was replaced. Obviously the anti personnel and anti-tank grenades are dewat. This clamp on accessory turned any standard rifle into a grenadier model. The elaborate clamp-on rear sight with bubble level (this one still works!) was usually not used. The wrench is used to disassemble the launcher for cleaning. The grenades were launched with a special cartridge that was packaged with the grenades.

Last edited by kosmoelean; 03-09-20 at 00:17.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Super cool rifle, thanks for sharing it with us!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I love it! I have been wanting a German K98K now fro a couple of years. Being that I am new to the game, I am leery.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    They are still out there but the prices have definitely gone up. Here's some more of my German pieces. There are some uncommon ones in there including the G-33/40, G-24t, G-98/40, G-41 and K-43. Glad I bought them when I did!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Excellent rig! Very nice, and thanks for sharing with us. Michael Heidler has written two excellent books on the German grenade launchers, both are in German.

Let me know when you get tired of that G.98/40

Pat
    Where violence is the local language, be fluent.

Feedback Score
    Pat,
    Thanks for the comments. Like everyone else I wish I'd picked up more of this stuff when it was more common and less expensive. Glad you like that Hungarian made rifle. I found it in a local horse barn missing the bolt...but miraculously the correct and matching one it was eventually located in a drawer full of farm hardware.