Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surefire Scoutlight Pro Series

Feedback Score

Surefire Scoutlight Pro Series

I am in the market for a new scout light and came across the new Surefire Scoutlight Pro Series of lights. The difference between these and the older generations is they come with a pivoting, low profile M-LOK and picatinny mount that allow you to to adjust the position of the light using a screw. Has anybody got their hands on one of these yet? My only concern would be the strength of the mount as the pivoting part is only a screw...it seems like a hard hit could knock it loose? Would it be better to go with a dedicated offset/inline mount with a standard scout light? This would be my first scout light...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ll bump this simply because I’m curious about this light, and what the utility is in adjustability.

The only input I can offer you is that there are a lot of aftermarket body, head, and mount options for the Scout. My “Scouts” only have Surefire tailcaps and switches, and I’ll be moving away from the Surefire switches soon, also.

Arisaka body and mount plus Malkoff head or Reptilia mount plus Modlight head or Modlight body and head with Arisaka mount are 3 of my top options. These Modlight and Malkhoff heads offer superior output and/or beam characteristics in comparison to any Surefire Scouts I’ve played with. The Arisaka/Malkoff lights are lighter and the Modlight options are brighter, but all are more than adequate and very durable.

The Reptilia Torch bodies have integrated mounts. Between that and Arisaka mounts, it is possible to mount your light in any conceivable position. The Reptilia body is meant to give you the ability to put a PEQ or offset BUIS over the light, and this puts the light low and a little further from the handguard in the 11:00 or 1:00 position. The Arisaka mounts come in 3 shapes for different handguard types and light positions. I use the angled one when I want the light tight to the rail at the 01:00 position on my URX4’s.

Or, you can always just put an Cloud Defensive OWL on your gun, which is the simplest solution, and maybe even the cheapest if you normally use a remote switch.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I actually called Surefire and asked them about the pro swivel mount a couple weeks ago. They assured me good things. I still want to hear from someone who has seen it and touched it. I will watch this thread closely to see if anyone has hands on experience.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    For those looking for Modlite OKW high-candela performance with a SF or Arisaka body, the new Malkoff E2XTD head is outstanding. Rated at 650 lumens/70,000 candela, it reaches way out there. I have one that I'm using for a hand held application and after some time with it, can highly recommend for anyone looking at for a long-throw light.

Since SF isn't stating what the candela rating is of the new lights, I suspect they are more like wide-angle flood beams similiar their MaxVision.

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
    For those looking for Modlite OKW high-candela performance with a SF or Arisaka body, the new Malkoff E2XTD head is outstanding. Rated at 650 lumens/70,000 candela, it reaches way out there. I have one that I'm using for a hand held application and after some time with it, can highly recommend for anyone looking at for a long-throw light.

Since SF isn't stating what the candela rating is of the new lights, I suspect they are more like wide-angle flood beams similiar their MaxVision.

Have you compared the beam to the OKW, other than just throw? Like the transition between hotspot and flood? I’m thinking about getting one of these.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Have you compared the beam to the OKW, other than just throw? Like the transition between hotspot and flood? I’m thinking about getting one of these.
    I don't have the OKW to do a direct comparison. The OKW uses a reflector vs. a TIR lens for the E2XTD, so the transition might be more uniform with the OKW.

That said, I really like the E2XTD.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
    I don't have the OKW to do a direct comparison. The OKW uses a reflector vs. a TIR lens for the E2XTD, so the transition might be more uniform with the OKW.

That said, I really like the E2XTD.
    Thanks.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Bump for Pro mount experiences.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Surefire Scoutlight Pro Series

Surprised I haven’t seen this, I’ve used the Pros exclusively for a while now, probably since around the time of the OP, maybe a little later.

I only have good things to say. Between the included options for 1913 and MLOK, I think they’re a great value there alone as I believe they didn’t raise the price over the regular Scouts. I also also worried about how easily the light body would rotate on the mount and haven’t had any issues. I think I have five in current use between 340s and 640DFs and some of those have seen rifle matches with barricades and one to two run n guns with obstacles. One of the light heads has an orange streak on it from something it got smacked against during one of those obstacles so that one was hit at least once. None of them have shown signs of the adjustment screw backing out.

This is actually one of the reasons I’ve stuck with SF and not tried some of the other lightsaber brands. I got real tired of buying Arisaka mounts for every light so the Pros are a small but noteworthy upgrade over the standard Scouts.

ETA - photo of most beat up 640DF added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Wake27; 02-09-23 at 08:54.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I actually stumbled across a GearSector offset mount in my stuff this weekend and can't remember if it uses a Scout body or E series. Are all the Scouts made with the mounting option on the tube? If so It must be for the E series?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast