Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surefire Scoutlight Pro Series

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Surprised I haven’t seen this, I’ve used the Pros exclusively for a while now, probably since around the time of the OP, maybe a little later.

I only have good things to say. Between the included options for 1913 and MLOK, I think they’re a great value there alone as I believe they didn’t raise the price over the regular Scouts. I also also worried about how easily the light body would rotate on the mount and haven’t had any issues. I think I have five in current use between 340s and 640DFs and some of those have seen rifle matches with barricades and one to two run n guns with obstacles. One of the light heads has an orange streak on it from something it got smacked against during one of those obstacles so that one was hit at least once. None of them have shown signs of the adjustment screw backing out.

This is actually one of the reasons I’ve stuck with SF and not tried some of the other lightsaber brands. I got real tired of buying Arisaka mounts for every light so the Pros are a small but noteworthy upgrade over the standard Scouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. Did you use loctite or any other method, or just attach how Surefire recommends (how is that?)

Feedback Score
    I've had to replace my Scout DF already maybe 4-5 months ago, Surefire took care of it but said it was due to my use of CLP within the light itself, which was hard to believe from my end as I just used a small bottle of windex for my light lenses. I like the light fine, I do like my arisaka's more, but the Scout DF works fine, just a little shocked it failed on me already, otherwise my other 5-6 Surefire lights seem to be working fine
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. Did you use loctite or any other method, or just attach how Surefire recommends (how is that?)
    No loctite on the adjustment screw. I just get it as close to my 12:00 pic rail as possible without actually touching, brace the light head with my finger so it doesn’t turn while tightening, and crank on the Allen wrench. I want to say the mount screws to the handguard come with loctite already.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I've had to replace my Scout DF already maybe 4-5 months ago, Surefire took care of it but said it was due to my use of CLP within the light itself, which was hard to believe from my end as I just used a small bottle of windex for my light lenses. I like the light fine, I do like my arisaka's more, but the Scout DF works fine, just a little shocked it failed on me already, otherwise my other 5-6 Surefire lights seem to be working fine
    I had an issue with an early DF flickering and dimming, SureFire replaced it. I don’t remember if they asked if I use lube on it or not but I’ve heard of them telling people before that eats the rubber gasket around the lens or something.

I have a new one that is having the same issues. I need to try a different battery and end cap before reaching out to them but there’s something going on with it. Seems like there were/are some components slipping through the cracks but if you get one that works off the bat, it should stay that way.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    No loctite on the adjustment screw. I just get it as close to my 12:00 pic rail as possible without actually touching, brace the light head with my finger so it doesn’t turn while tightening, and crank on the Allen wrench. I want to say the mount screws to the handguard come with loctite already.

I had an issue with an early DF flickering and dimming, SureFire replaced it. I don’t remember if they asked if I use lube on it or not but I’ve heard of them telling people before that eats the rubber gasket around the lens or something.

I have a new one that is having the same issues. I need to try a different battery and end cap before reaching out to them but there’s something going on with it. Seems like there were/are some components slipping through the cracks but if you get one that works off the bat, it should stay that way.

Is that with a tape switch?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Is that with a tape switch?
    Sure is, that’s why I mentioned needing to try a tailcap.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I actually stumbled across a GearSector offset mount in my stuff this weekend and can't remember if it uses a Scout body or E series. Are all the Scouts made with the mounting option on the tube? If so It must be for the E series?
    As far as I know, all Scout lights have the mount incorporated into the body.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    This is actually one of the reasons I’ve stuck with SF and not tried some of the other lightsaber brands. I got real tired of buying Arisaka mounts for every light so the Pros are a small but noteworthy upgrade over the standard Scouts.
    FYI, the high candela Scout Lights are out now, I know the 18350/single cell versions are already in people's hands, and the 18650/dual cell is at least listed on the website:
    https://www.surefire.com/products/il...s/m640dft-pro/
    https://www.surefire.com/products/il...s/m340dft-pro/
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    FYI, the high candela Scout Lights are out now, I know the 18350/single cell versions are already in people's hands, and the 18650/dual cell is at least listed on the website:
    https://www.surefire.com/products/il...s/m640dft-pro/
    https://www.surefire.com/products/il...s/m340dft-pro/
    I know, I bought some stuff from PA about two hours ago and had the 18350 in the cart until the last minute. Excited to try them but I really want the 650 which I haven’t seen out yet.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I know, I bought some stuff from PA about two hours ago and had the 18350 in the cart until the last minute. Excited to try them but I really want the 650 which I haven’t seen out yet.
    Might be worth seeing if Strohman Enterprises can get you a pre-order for the 18650 version.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    One of the nice features of the Pro series lights is you can add this knurled thumb screw to make them QD. Now by simply adding a short section of pic rail to your hand guards you can use 1 light on multiple guns. The thumb screws are from McMaster Carr, made in USA, and do not come loose!

This makes more sense than buying multiple lights considering the lumens and candela tech increases every year.

Image.jpeg
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast