Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HK VP9 question

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Paddle release is much better and faster than the button. I not sure I would enjoy if they switched to all button.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    Paddle release is much better and faster than the button. I not sure I would enjoy if they switched to all button.
    Exactly. As HK says, the ‘B’ designates the ‘beginner button’ models.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Paddle much faster in what?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have both a B version and a paddle version VP9. I can reach the paddle with my thumb but honestly I am still faster with the button. Timed competition and drills have proved this. Thus, I prefer the button. But that is just me. And no, I am not going to retrain my brain and years of muscle memory to use my index finger for mag releases.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My very first gun was an HK with a paddle, and I shot, took classes, competed with, and carried another from 2011 till 2017. I am very comfy using my trigger finger.
    I still want to know what the paddle is faster for.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think for some (me anyway) the button shifts/moves your grip ever so slightly vs the paddle which does not. Your thumb is the only appendage on that side of the grip which you have to loosen to move and then press the button vs you have 4 fingers on the other side which 3 can still retain the same grip. The 4th just falls back into place. I find it more comfortable and natural to operate. Everyone is different though. especially if you have been doing the button forever.

Add to the fact that it is truly ambi if you need to go weak hand.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 03-13-20 at 08:43.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    I think for some (me anyway) the button shifts/moves your grip ever so slightly vs the paddle which does not.
    This. I have to shift my grip slightly with a button release. I don't with a paddle release.

Feedback Score
    Another paddle fan here. Both on a PPQ & VP9. I've used paddles and buttons in classes and timed events and am a tiny bit quicker with the paddle guns.

Feedback Score
    The SFP-9 is the new official handgun of the Japanese military. Presumably they went with the standard paddle release?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    I have both a B version and a paddle version VP9. I can reach the paddle with my thumb but honestly I am still faster with the button. Timed competition and drills have proved this. Thus, I prefer the button. But that is just me. And no, I am not going to retrain my brain and years of muscle memory to use my index finger for mag releases.
    Try using your index finger. Thumb is about same on either for me, and having medium/small hands, I have to change my grip to hit the button with a thumb, index finger from trigger to paddle and back to trigger is much faster for me than thumb and button. Going back and forth from thumb/button and index finger/paddle may be an issue for some. I have not found it to be an issue myself, and tend to practice both, but also focused on Vp9 platform as primary CCW/HD.

Not sure how the HSLD types here will feel about that one, but it works well for me.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 03-13-20 at 14:35.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast