Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning lever guns, semi autos, pumps without ruining your barrel

Feedback Score
    That's a pretty clever idea.

As far as levers go, I mitigate the issue by only buying Marlins, which can be cleaned from the chamber once the bolt is removed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernPhantom View Post
    That's a pretty clever idea.

As far as levers go, I mitigate the issue by only buying Marlins, which can be cleaned from the chamber once the bolt is removed.
    ^^^^^ What he said.
    I own 3 JM stamped excellent condition 336C marlins in 35 Remington, and that's exactly how I clean all of them along with using Sharp Shoot R Wipe out foaming bore cleaner, 90%+ of the time I have to run fewer than 15 patches down the barrel and the bore is clean there by minimizing the risk of damaging my barrel from cleaning.
    Been using Wipe-Out for longer than i can remember. Awesome stuff.

Feedback Score
    Unless one insists on using har cast lead the best way to clean any rifles bore and chamber with ZERO risk of any damage is to use Shoot-R's Choice Wipe-Out brushless foaming bore cleaner. Been using it for 10 years on my HP bolt guns, Marlin 36a 35 Remington's, AR15's, and even my standard and smokeless inline muzzleloaders. After 10+ years and over a dozen cans of it several bottles of WO/Accelerator I can say without hesitation and completely authority it works exactly as claimed and as well as promised on removing carbon and copper fouling with minimal effort and patches.

I fill the bore of the firearm and plug both ends let sit 2-6 hours depending on how badly fouled the bore and 10-12 patches later the bore and chamber are clean.

Never had a rifke yet that required more than two 4-6 hour soakings that didn't come absolutely clean. And that included a 6.5x55 Swede that had at least 400 rounds through it without being touched when it was given to me.
    Two 6 hour soaking as less than 20 patches and the little Swede's bore was spotless. Quite the shooter as well.
    You want totally risk free non toxic rifle cleaning try Shoot-R's Choice Wipe-Out foaming bore cleaner. I've used CR-10, Montana Extreme, Shooters Choice, Beachwood Casey and a bunch of others I can't recall and none worked as effortlessly as Wipe-Out. Yes some worked as well and were quicker but they were a butt load more work more cost in patches and were less than healthy and unpleasant to use. I'll gladly trade off faster results for a minimal effort low cost non- toxic way to clean my rifles as clean as I'll ever need them to be.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What brand of bore snake are y’all using that has a metal built into it that is hard enough to gouge a gun barrel while slowly being pulled through the lubricated bore?

Feedback Score
    I'll agree with CPM's post ^^^^.
    Concur that more guns worn out from cleaning than shooting, but hadn't give it a thot' lately. The ARs can be cleaned from the breech, and the .44/.45s are big enough for a bore guide.
    BTW, has anyone ever figured out why Ruger never put a cleaning rod hole in the back of their 10-22, so it could be cleaned from the breech.
    Moon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12