Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Norma Tactical 55gr FMJ

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good to hear, I have been on the fence about buying a pile of this stuff.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I don't care to sort 223 brass, so as long as it holds a primer and gives similar velocity with a given load, I'm happy.
    Sorting brass is a life suck if you are doing any decent volume of loading. I tried it for a few batches... hell no! I end up with too many totes of stuff. I only sort off crappy brass when I'm trimming on the Giraud... everything else is into the rotation.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Sorting brass is a life suck if you are doing any decent volume of loading. I tried it for a few batches... hell no! I end up with too many totes of stuff. I only sort off crappy brass when I'm trimming on the Giraud... everything else is into the rotation.
    Out of curiosity, what do you look for when trimming to get rid of bad brass?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you look for when trimming to get rid of bad brass?
    Oddball foreign brass where there's only a few pieces. TKE headstamps, for example. RORG had run it's course. Some of the New Federal .223 brass is pretty nice. The stuff with blue primer sealant and crimps is fairly stout.

MEN .223 brass, although good quality, goosed our velocity like 40 fps over LC, etc. I'll pull that stuff aside too.

PMC, LC, and FC make up the most of the brass in my buckets. So I run those together.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I shot 500 rounds of this stuff in the last two months and wish I had bought so much more of it.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies. I'm glad my case showed up right before this whole pandemic frenzy kicked off. This will keep me shooting for a while, and I'll be keeping the brass too.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowCommand View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I'm glad my case showed up right before this whole pandemic frenzy kicked off. This will keep me shooting for a while, and I'll be keeping the brass too.
    Glad to hear! I went to grab some on Monday from the LGS and they had tacked $50 more to each box of 500. I grabbed 1100 Hornady 55gr FMJ pills and 200 more 77gr TMKs instead for how much the 500 rds had cost the previous week. The new price hikes are outside of my "buy it now" price, and I'm back to reloading.

Feedback Score
    I bought a 500 round case last week at my LGS. I went back the next day to get another 500 round case.....nope, all gone. Dang.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    11.5" bbl with 400rds through it:
    Norma 55gr-
    Average speed: 2578fps
    Standard Deviation: 38fps

Green Tip-
    Average Speed: 2673 fps
    Standard deviation: 15 fps

16" BRT Optimum bbl w/4600rds through it:
    Norma 55gr-
    Average speed: 2794 fps
    Standard deviation: 22 fps

Green Tip-
    Average speed: 2840 fps
    Standard deviation: 30 fps

The Norma isn't moving quite as fast as I thought, but it definitely chronos faster than some of the other 55gr loads out there.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have alot of it, and have shot alot of it. Good stuff. Accurate, not match grade, but good.

Great brass, have reloaded alot of it, multiple times.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast