Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Expo Arms barrels

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Just looked at the 10.3, 11.5, and 14.5 on the PA website. Pretty cool that they list port size, and even cooler that they claim .070, .070, .077, respectively. Might be a good option if they shoot straight, are chambered right, have good threads, clean bores, etc.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Just looked at the 10.3, 11.5, and 14.5 on the PA website. Pretty cool that they list port size, and even cooler that they claim .070, .070, .077, respectively. Might be a good option if they shoot straight, are chambered right, have good threads, clean bores, etc.
    I need another 10.3 with a .070 gas port like I need a hole in the head but for $85 it's awful tempting.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I need another 10.3 with a .070 gas port like I need a hole in the head but for $85 it's awful tempting.
    Where do you see that? Can you drop a link because I can't find it...
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Where do you see that? Can you drop a link because I can't find it...
    Looks like the price went up to $130 since I looked at them. At that price, I would just buy the 10.3 with crane spec gas port from Andro Corp. They're made by Ballistic Advantage and the one I'm running in my MK18 upper is a real shooter so far.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks like the price went up to $130 since I looked at them. At that price, I would just buy the 10.3 with crane spec gas port from Andro Corp. They're made by Ballistic Advantage and the one I'm running in my MK18 upper is a real shooter so far.
    Thanks for double checking, I kept trying to use different browsers to see if I was missing a super deal.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Thanks for double checking, I kept trying to use different browsers to see if I was missing a super deal.
    Stick

Check DVOR. They have a sale on Rosco barrels. 10.5 and 11.5 are going for $95 and $98 respectively

https://www.dvor.com/rosco-manufactu...-12-05&options[]=3224-8370-119538

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I can confirm an Expo Arms 10.3" SOCOM profile barrel gas port pin gages at .070". I just did measured a buddies this past weekend. He could potentially have the cheapest 10.3" upper ever using semi-decent parts...$85 on the barrel, $59 on the BCG (he scored 2 when righttobear.com had those AO Precision BCGs marked wrong) and a BCM Blem stripped upper for $79.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I can confirm an Expo Arms 10.3" SOCOM profile barrel gas port pin gages at .070". I just did measured a buddies this past weekend. He could potentially have the cheapest 10.3" upper ever using semi-decent parts...$85 on the barrel, $59 on the BCG (he scored 2 when righttobear.com had those AO Precision BCGs marked wrong) and a BCM Blem stripped upper for $79.
    Do you own one of Ned’s or PTG 5.56? gauges, or a silencer and an alignment rod? PM me if you don’t have a 556? gauge.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    As this thread is primarily a Expo Barrel thread I will just throw in y $ .02 into it...
    I am doing my first upper build ( I have bought all my others)
    I purchased a Expo upper receiver and 13" Patrol handguard.... I must say I am VERY impressed with the fit and finish of both of these parts. They are very similar to a Zev/ Mega finish on the rail and the stripped upper.
    I am very happy with them overall.... I was not a big fan of the aluminum barrel nut but as long as it holds up I will be happy.

I will be looking for one of their Combat handguards in 13" as they are rumored to be CMT.. but non the less these seem like quality components. If I end up with another 16" bbl ( like I really need that..) I wouldn't hesitate to get the 15" Combat rail they offer

If indeed they use Rosco re branded barrels.... is it just me or do Rosco seem a little heavy up front ( govt profile I know) but they just seem heavy to me ... which is ok, but it seems to swing differently, I tend to overswing my target...maybe I just need to change my Tampax and quit whining but... has anyone else noticed that about Rosco?
    THey shoot very well and are gassed well..... just seem lil heavy
    Last edited by WornOutGrunt; 03-15-22 at 06:21.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WornOutGrunt View Post
    As this thread is primarily a Expo Barrel thread I will just throw in y $ .02 into it...
    I am doing my first upper build ( I have bought all my others)
    I purchased a Expo upper receiver and 13" Patrol handguard.... I must say I am VERY impressed with the fit and finish of both of these parts. They are very similar to a Zev/ Mega finish on the rail and the stripped upper.
    I am very happy with them overall.... I was not a big fan of the aluminum barrel nut but as long as it holds up I will be happy.

I will be looking for one of their Combat handguards in 13" as they are rumored to be CMT.. but non the less these seem like quality components. If I end up with another 16" bbl ( like I really need that..) I wouldn't hesitate to get the 15" Combat rail they offer

If indeed they use Rosco re branded barrels.... is it just me or do Rosco seem a little heavy up front ( govt profile I know) but they just seem heavy to me ... which is ok, but it seems to swing differently, I tend to overswing my target...maybe I just need to change my Tampax and quit whining but... has anyone else noticed that about Rosco?
    THey shoot very well and are gassed well..... just seem lil heavy
    Rosco offers a couple different barrel profiles. M4, Government and Heavy. My 10.5 and 16 inch inch M4 profiles are not front heavy that I notice. My 13.7 stainless is a heavy profile and, well, its a bit of a tank in comparison but not objectionable at all. I haven't tried their Gov profile.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast