Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Expo Arms barrels

Feedback Score

Expo Arms barrels

Does anyone have information on Expo Arms barrels?
    http://expoarms.com/
    https://www.primaryarms.com/expo-arm...AD12_FlashSale

I'm looking for a midlength chrome lined barrel without a front sight post. I bought one from Windham Weaponry a year or two ago, but they've discontinued them. From a specifications standpoint the Expo Arms midlength looks like it fits the bill, but I've never heard of them before. The purpose is plinking on full and semi auto. I don't shoot anything greater than 62gr. The WW midlength barrel I have has a 1/9 twist. Is the Expo Arms midlength 1/7 twist too much twist. Is anything known about the quality of their barrels?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've never heard of expo arms and I can't recall ever seeing them mentioned anywhere. Maybe they produce a great barrel but personally I won't find out. I wouldn't buy a barrel that no one had ever heard of. Especially when for $45 dollars more you could get a BA barrel. BA at least seems to have a good reputation.

1/7 is fine. Every barrel I have is 1/7 and they all shoot 55/62/77 grain ammo within the accurcy limits of the ammunition.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Someone on TOS just asked about their bcgs and said that the rep told them they're sourced from Microbest. Their receivers are Mega/Zev and their "combat" handguard is by CMT Tactical. Their ambi safety selector looks to be from Schmid Tool. No clue about who makes their barrels, but I wouldn't completely write them off considering their suppliers appear to be solid.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks to be a pretty squared away company. Early to say, but as mentioned they seem to be sourcing their stuff from quality manufacturers.

Them listing the GP size on that barrel is damn impressive too, that should be listed on all barrel specs going forward these days.

EDIT: And their rails are a solid deal and definitely a CMT. I just installed a CMT HDX mod 2 and it's very nice. Similar to SLR in the way it locks up.
    Last edited by Blackhalo; 03-13-20 at 13:29.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    It's a Primary Arms house brand. They're sourcing stuff from legit OEMs though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    From s couple posts I have seen in TOS it is PA s house brand with various oem's that seem to be solid.

If you are looking at the 11.5 inch barrel they did confirm gas port is. 070 which is good as well

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought one of the 11.5" Heavy Barrel's, for $130~ I paid I am VERY happy. Chrome lined, phosphate, 4150CMV, .070 Gas Port - Sure, it's not MPI and HPT, but at this point many makers are not.

Feedback Score
    I would contact primary ams. I believe expo arms is their house brand and I believe they are sourcing their parts from reputable companies. Primary arms has always done right by me for a barrel I planned on doing full auto mag dumps with bulk pack ammo I'd give it a shot.

Feedback Score
    I appreciate all the information guys. I'll go ahead and pick one up. There doesn't seem like much downside at the price.

Feedback Score
    Just wanted to point out that the handguards being sold under the Expo Arms label appear very similar to the Unbranded AR line. I'd bet most of the small parts are the same as well.

The Expo barrels however look to be from another source.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast