Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Expo Arms barrels

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundy View Post
    Just wanted to point out that the handguards being sold under the Expo Arms label appear very similar to the Unbranded AR line. I'd bet most of the small parts are the same as well.

The Expo barrels however look to be from another source.
    It's already been talked about in this thread..

Their combat handguards are CMT, and are damn good for the price. They just need more lengths. They have a cheaper rail that looks like the same as Unbranded.

Uppers and lowers are mega.

BCGs seem to be microbest.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I appreciate all the information guys. I'll go ahead and pick one up. There doesn't seem like much downside at the price.
    I think it's a good pickup. They look like a very good option, especially if you can catch one on sale.

CMT or PA needs to get that combat handguard made in 10.7" and it'd pair nicely with that 11.5"

Feedback Score
    I received the barrel today. It looks pretty good to me.

Feedback Score
    I also ordered an Expo Arms charging handle because it was $13 and made in the USA. I compared it to another that I purchased off GunBroker that was also listed as being made in the USA. The Expo Arms (bottom) has a phosphate type finish while the one I got off GunBroker has a painted type finish. They look identical otherwise. When I pressed the latch I immediately noticed that the Expo Arms latch has more resistance. Here's why...

The spring in the Expo Arms charging handle is clearly thicker. I can't imagine the savings that the other manufacturer realized by using such a thin spring on the other charging handle, but it must amount to something. I can't really tell anything about the Expo Arms barrel other than the cosmetics. However, if the spring in their charging handle is representative of their attention to detail versus the competition, then I'll be all over their other products.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just wanted to update this thread with my own Expo Arms experiences. During this COVID gun panic I decided to put a nicer rail on my 10.5 and also decided to build a new AR out of my spare parts bin. I was able to accomplish both of these goals with expo arms parts. I think at total I have an upper, BCG, rail, MD, pistol grip, and charging handle from them. Everything has been perfect fit, and 100% function for 100 rounds. Their combat series rails are of significant value for the product that they deliver. It has the same lock up and barrel nut as the $200 CMT rails.

Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I just wanted to update this thread with my own Expo Arms experiences. During this COVID gun panic I decided to put a nicer rail on my 10.5 and also decided to build a new AR out of my spare parts bin. I was able to accomplish both of these goals with expo arms parts. I think at total I have an upper, BCG, rail, MD, pistol grip, and charging handle from them. Everything has been perfect fit, and 100% function for 100 rounds. Their combat series rails are of significant value for the product that they deliver. It has the same lock up and barrel nut as the $200 CMT rails.

Nice!

Yeah that rail is a damn good value. I've got a 15" CMT HDX and it's one of my favorites. Very similar in design to how SLR locks ups.

Hopefully a 10.5 or 10.7 is in the future.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Bumping this thread to see if there is any updated info / experience on these barrels. I have a buddy that is looking at their 11.5" SOCOM profile. I have never heard of them. I see from this thread they are a Primary Arms brand name.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I dont own one, but have talked to 2 guys on TOS that have bought and used these. They are happy with them. I say worth a buy if it fits his criteria. PA is really easy to work with if he has any issues or wants to return for any reason

I will prob pick one up later this year

Feedback Score
    Primary Arms has their Expo Arms parts on sale right now. The barrels are $40 to $50 off each. I bought an 11.5" for an upper build for my M16.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Primary Arms has their Expo Arms parts on sale right now. The barrels are $40 to $50 off each. I bought an 11.5" for an upper build for my M16.
    Even if someone's not doing a complete build right now the prices are too good to pass up. I'm about to snag a 14.5 barrel and small parts just to have on hand.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast