Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Expo Arms barrels

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I bought their 14.5 middy barrel a few months ago. Only had it out 2x since, but it was shooting sub MOA with IMI 77g OTM with little effort. Pretty impressed with it so far. The finish seems to be very consistent. Not a fan of the billboard laser etching on top, but for $100 it's solid. I read somewhere that the packaging was identical to Spikes, so these are probably OEM FN barrels.
    Instructor: Sniper, Carbine, Handgun, Shotgun
    Armorer: Glock, Colt AR15/M16
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtlmj View Post
    I bought their 14.5 middy barrel a few months ago. Only had it out 2x since, but it was shooting sub MOA with IMI 77g OTM with little effort. Pretty impressed with it so far. The finish seems to be very consistent. Not a fan of the billboard laser etching on top, but for $100 it's solid. I read somewhere that the packaging was identical to Spikes, so these are probably OEM FN barrels.
    I’ve heard both DS Arms and Rosco Mfg as the source for their barrels, doubt we’ll know till they just come out and tell us.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AAMP84 View Post
    I’ve heard both DS Arms and Rosco Mfg as the source for their barrels, doubt we’ll know till they just come out and tell us.
    This. When I saw the picture of the barrel back on page 2 I knew it was a Rosco. The markings on the barrel use the exact same font and color as Rosco does on their Bloodline line. And the two I have are fantastic shooters.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    This. When I saw the picture of the barrel back on page 2 I knew it was a Rosco. The markings on the barrel use the exact same font and color as Rosco does on their Bloodline line. And the two I have are fantastic shooters.
    Good info guys, its always nice to have a mental list of who is making a good barrel for a good price. I have and tend to use Centurion Arms barrels (the 16 and 18" SS) for when I want a super nice barrel, but there are plenty of times I'm doing builds and a just need a "good barrel at a good price".
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Good info guys, its always nice to have a mental list of who is making a good barrel for a good price. I have and tend to use Centurion Arms barrels (the 16 and 18" SS) for when I want a super nice barrel, but there are plenty of times I'm doing builds and a just need a "good barrel at a good price".
    I got turned onto them when I picked up a BAD Workhorse a year or so ago to use as a truck gun. I did some research and found that they were using the Rosco barrels and BCGs. With the right ammo its an MOA gun and is gassed correctly. I recently put one of their 13.5 SS barrels (223 Wylde 1:8) into a build and as soon as it gets back from being pinned and welded I'll be able doing some accuracy testing. They don't do chrome lined barrels that I could see, only Nitride. I was concerned about longevity until I caught a SOTAR video where he did an autopsy on one of their barrels that was run at full auto for 27k rounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRqXMvZPAhw

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    They don't do chrome lined barrels that I could see, only Nitride.]
    Rosco’s OE page has chrome as an option, FWIW.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Very cool. I must have missed that (obviously.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I see where you are looking at now. But I don't see where they sell chrome lined barrels to the public under their own brand. Kind of wish they did. I would definitely give one a try. But good to know that the Expo version is essentially the same thing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I see where you are looking at now. But I don't see where they sell chrome lined barrels to the public under their own brand. Kind of wish they did. I would definitely give one a try. But good to know that the Expo version is essentially the same thing.
    Probably better that way, I’ve heard Rosco CS is pretty shite. Primary Arms’ CS has always been top notch in my experience.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AAMP84 View Post
    Probably better that way, I’ve heard Rosco CS is pretty shite. Primary Arms’ CS has always been top notch in my experience.
    +1 on Primary CS. Never had to use Rosco's CS thankfully.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast