Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Putting back small pistols for post event trading, thoughts?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc3081 View Post
    Gold and silver are useless. You cant eat it and it doesn't keep you warm.
    For survival, useless . . . . Youre correct. But things will begin to stabilize quickly after a calamity. Barter is difficult because you might not have anything the other guy wants. And he sure as hell wont want shitty fiat paper money. But gold and silver are an ancient currency that is always valuable as money. If hes in desperate need of medication or food, he wont accept it, but if hes just trying to offload some extras to get something of greater value, he very well might. Speaking for myself: Id have zero use for a crappy .380 lady pistol, but Id take 6-8 ounce silver coins.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah I don't think I'd barter off guns....but I do see how it could work.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by remington79 View Post
    I dont believe in bartering firearms or ammo. There is potential for either of those to be used against me.
    Stock up on more useful things such as here recently people have this perceived need for toilet paper. Maybe batteries, think more in terms of a general store than a gun store. Youll also be able to attract/be relevant to a larger group of people.

Agreed. Plus, in my opinion, its a waste of money that could be better spent elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Might be good for arming unprepared friends and family who show up begging for a loaner...
    Beretta 81's at Classic Firearms for $209 seem like good candidates.
    https://www.classicfirearms.com/bere...ood-very-good/
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia.

Feedback Score
    The last thing you want to do in a Mad Max scenario is meet anyone outside of your village / farm.

Oh, you dont already live in a small village with a nice farm and animals? Then you're going to die sooner than later.

Me? I dont want to live in the Dark Ages with guns. I'd rather die quickly. Not worried about it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I would never arm anyone other than a family member or someone already armed that is just a little short.

Had a cousin call me up last week asking to "borrow" a pistol. He wanted to give it to his wife for protection when he wasn't home. His only firearm experience is with an old shotgun. His wife has never held a gun in her life, they have 5 wild children with no self control that would instantly shoot each other the second she left the gun on a table.

Call me a fudd, but I don't want that crap on my conscience.

Told him I didn't have one to spare.
    Last edited by Bluto; 03-25-20 at 17:09.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123