Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Putting back small pistols for post event trading, thoughts?

Feedback Score

Putting back small pistols for post event trading, thoughts?

I'd like to put back around 10 or so small, easily concealable handguns for post collapse trading. Right now I'm leaning toward a few Ruger LCPs, MP Bodyguard, and maybe one or two of the new mossberg mc1. Should I be looking at how common mags, parts, ammo etc are? Or just go with the cheapest options and be sure to have a few hundred rounds and spare mags to go with each one?

To be clear, I'm keeping my glock 21 for personal use, I don't plan on using these ones for anything but barter.

Feedback Score

Putting back small pistols for post event trading, thoughts?

If the guns are just for barter, parts and maintenance stuff isn’t really your concern- unless you stock the parts also and barter for them when the guns break down.

Overall, doesn’t sound like a terrible idea to me.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    To each his own.

I don’t want to barter weapons that someone could use to rob me of the rest of my barter inventory.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    To each his own.

I don’t want to barter weapons that someone could use to rob me of the rest of my barter inventory.
    For this reason I would buy Hi-points.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Not sure barter is going to make a comeback, IMHO. I would guess if barter becomes a thing, open carry, not concealed will become more prevalent along with the carry of long guns openly.

Ammunition will probably be most easily used and accepted currency.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pint & 1/2 pint bottles of liquor would be better for barter. Too much value in any firearm to make it your base item for barter, and as others have stated, it's dangerous to arm people you don't know.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Small cheap revolvers like the S&W 642 Airweight would be perfect in my opinion. Cheap, reliable, and most inportantly... for someone who has no firearm - it's their best option if bartering to get one.

If someone's trying to barter for a firearm after the SHTF already I suspect they'd trade their left nut for whatever you're offering. Stock up on 38 special to trade with it too.

Plus, you wouldn't be arming someone up who can potentially come back after you with it...642 would obviously just be defensive.
    Last edited by Blstr88; 03-15-20 at 13:11.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Don't waste your money, buy more ammo. If societal collapse becomes a thing, ammo is currency imo.

Feedback Score
    Barter? Madmax barter town scenario. Seriously ??? The level of bat shit crazy has just escalated to absurd.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not spending over $1000 on 10 barter guns! That's not small change for something that's going to lay around forever.
    Rather spend $200 on 20 bottles of liquor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast