Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Putting back small pistols for post event trading, thoughts?

Feedback Score
    Get silver and gold

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:34.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Gold and silver are useless. You cant eat it and it doesn't keep you warm.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT Shooter View Post
    Pint & 1/2 pint bottles of liquor would be better for barter. Too much value in any firearm to make it your base item for barter, and as others have stated, it's dangerous to arm people you don't know.
    My feeling about booze for barter, you are feeding an addiction and you are letting addicts know you have a supply of something they want more of. If you dole it out in small amounts they are going to get buzzed and come back for more and likely to get violent if they don't get it. I see booze more useful in large amounts, trading to a Dr for medical use to pay for services, trading to the holder of the National Guard armory arms room key for a M16 or two etc. YMMV
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:34.

Feedback Score
    Fail. If you live in a UBC state, no one is going to spend hours for a barter to go through. Even a bigger problem if NICS is taken off line.

Feedback Score
    Good thoughts, good thoughts.

Hadn't considered hi-points, but definitely a good option.
    Stocking ammo for barter is also important, but a gun will have more trading value to a person who doesn't have one.

If people are desperate enough to barter for a pistol after SHTF, it's probably not going to matter what kind it is, high point or kimber 1911.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I also believe in the: "don't arm people that haven't armed themselves" mentality. I just hate the idea of people having firearms in their hands without taking the time to properly train. I'd be more scared of getting shot by some newb 'on my team' than getting robbed. To be fair though I have thought about selling the firearms I don't love for a premium while they command it. Im most positive everything will reset so it would be a good time to capitalize.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    I don’t believe in bartering firearms or ammo. There is potential for either of those to be used against me.
    Stock up on more useful things such as here recently people have this perceived need for toilet paper. Maybe batteries, think more in terms of a general store than a gun store. You’ll also be able to attract/be relevant to a larger group of people.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    My feeling about booze for barter, you are feeding an addiction and you are letting addicts know you have a supply of something they want more of. If you dole it out in small amounts they are going to get buzzed and come back for more and likely to get violent if they don't get it. I see booze more useful in large amounts, trading to a Dr for medical use to pay for services, trading to the holder of the National Guard armory arms room key for a M16 or two etc. YMMV
    Bartering would come with risks, no matter what you're trading for or away. The less you know about those you trade with, the higher the risks. I do see your point, alcohol would increase the potential hazards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast