Thread: LPVO for 300 SBR

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

LPVO for 300 SBR

I have a 10 inch Roscoe 300 BLK barrel SBR, shooting 125gr HPBT. I imagine a BDC is out of the question, but am new to the LPVO game, so any suggestions would be great!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I run a PAs 1-6X ACSS (for 7.62X39/.300 Blk) using handloaded 110 Black Tips.
    The reticle is close enough with my load it works to 300 yds.
    For my purposes the cartridge is effectively gassed out by 250+-, so it works fine.

I’ll add the carbine is a beater- truck/ranch gun.
    I have taken several Whitetail and coyotes with it and the system works well within its limitations.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for your input!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    BDC’s aren’t out of the question. If you use an app like StrelokPro then you can input your load and gun data and find out what your holds are. I use a 1-4 Steiner and ran the data. I get holds at 225, 320, 416 and 507 for that reticle with my Ammo and gun combo.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    With both the SBR being a close in gun, and the .300 Blackout being a close in cartridge, I'm wondering why you would want to go with a LPVO as a sight? I understand the versatility of them, I have one on my .308, but seeing as how you're talking about a close range gun, there's really no need for magnification, so no need to slow yourself down at 1x. I'd just go with a red dot.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    BDC’s aren’t out of the question. If you use an app like StrelokPro then you can input your load and gun data and find out what your holds are. I use a 1-4 Steiner and ran the data. I get holds at 225, 320, 416 and 507 for that reticle with my Ammo and gun combo.
    Could you give more info? Barrel length bullet weight etc.

thanks
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    With both the SBR being a close in gun, and the .300 Blackout being a close in cartridge, I'm wondering why you would want to go with a LPVO as a sight? I understand the versatility of them, I have one on my .308, but seeing as how you're talking about a close range gun, there's really no need for magnification, so no need to slow yourself down at 1x. I'd just go with a red dot.
    Wrong thinking, the 300 with a good bullet even out of a short barrel can be quite effective at extended range if you can get hits which the right scope makes easy. Think .300=8mm Kurz=7.62x39 mm.

For the OP Primary Arms makes some decent for the money scopes with the excellent ACSS reticle or the Steiner mentioned would also be an excellent choice once you figured out the drops. The good thing about the PA is the ACSS makes ranging so easy.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 03-16-20 at 10:31.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    I would take a look at the Primary Arms 1-6 scopes with ACSS reticle. The ACSS reticle is an awesome and very useable BDC reticle, and they make one specific for .300BLK drops. The price also makes them easy to own.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks a lot everyone. I am definitely leaning towards the PA scope. I've also heard a lot of good things about Swampfox.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    That’s for a .223 round. I was just illustrating a point.

Spec’d .223 75gr AE our a 16” Mid with a 100 yard zero via a P4Xi in a 1.93” mount.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand