Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Good Cuban sandwich recipe

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I used Maggi sauce on shredded chickens. I grab on one of the roast chickens at Kroger, shred the meat onto some fresh tortillas, then sprinkle the sauce on.

Very tasty!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My roast chicken was on a Kroger lunch plate. Poured a puddle and dipped every bite.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post

This is the high capacity version:

The little bottles run out too fast for me.

Looks like we've started something here. I wonder if Maggi would go well with the Cuban sandwich.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    I have a killer Cuban/Columbian fusion restaurant right down the block from me. Some of the best food you can find. Sucks it's a little pricey but the portions are huge and they our the drinks heavy.

Feedback Score
    The best at home recipe for a Cuban sandwich is the same as the recipe for Thai iced coffee....go to your local Thai restaurant and order one.
    Go to your favorite Cuban restaurant and order one. It's just not the same, you never get it quite right at home.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    When I got to Cuba last year, I so badly wanted a Hemingway Daquiri and a Cuban Sandwich. I found out that the Hemingway was alive and well, but the Cuban sandwich was a Miami creation....bummer!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There was an NPR reporter that asked about Cuban sandwiches when he arrived during the initial lifting of restrictions. He was told the people there would never be able to afford such expensive ingredients.

I had always heard the Cuban Sandwich originated in Ybor City (outside of Tampa).

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Probably true.

Same with the chinese popular dish like chop suey and sweet and sour (add your choice of meat). Both were invented in NY.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Man, this thread is killin' me. I live out in the middle of Southwest Va where there is nothing exotic. Greasy ass pork biscuit is the norm. I miss real Thai food. Love that stuff!!! Always wanted to get a good Cuban sandwich. I like a good Monte Cristo or a Patty Melt with tons of onions too! .......... I hate this place now..........
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I made one for lunch today. I didn't have any special cuban bread or pork, just used regular bread and sandwich meats that I had leftover (ham and turkey). Slipped two slices of Swiss cheese on the outsides, meats and pickle in the middle, mayo and mustard mixture coating the bread facing inside, buttered the outside and pressed the whole thing in a skillet.

I saved a couple of bites and drizzled some Maggi on it. I have to say that Maggi doesn't go well with this sandwich. The rest of the sandwich was awesome.

Enjoy it "stalker".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast