Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMR Dual Illuminated

Feedback Score

RMR Dual Illuminated

Anyone have experience with the rmr dual illuminated optics? Deciding if the 9moa dot or 12moa triangle for a shotgun is best. In theory the triangle would be good for up close do to its size and the tip could be used for longer distance with slugs.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Is this going to be a serious use gun or something you're planning to use for strictly recreational purposes?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Triangle, go with green but people complained about problems shooting from dark into light.

Feedback Score
    With all my setups I always make sure I can co witness with irons so if it does wash out I have that. My astigmatism makes low light with red dots very difficult as they spiderweb out pretty bad. With the dual green optics it doesn’t mess with my eyes for some reason.
    Last edited by MrHandsome; 03-17-20 at 07:09.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHandsome View Post
    With all my setups I always make sure I can co witness with irons so if it does wash out I have that. My astigmatism makes low light with red dots very difficult as they spiderweb out pretty bad. With the dual green optics it doesn’t mess with my eyes for some reason.
    Irons and optics are two different systems. Don’t co witness them.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    I respectfully disagree with that. “If it can go wrong it will”. Even if batteries die or tritium is washed out, which they will then you’d need a secondary sighting system. Same on rifles with BUIS. Back up sites are standard on all types of weapons, not having them is nothing short of foolish.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHandsome View Post
    I respectfully disagree with that. “If it can go wrong it will”. Even if batteries die or tritium is washed out, which they will then you’d need a secondary sighting system. Same on rifles with BUIS. Back up sites are standard on all types of weapons, not having them is nothing short of foolish.
    I didn’t say don’t have them. I said don’t co witness them.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have a RM04, 7 moa amber dot. I like it, but it has a couple things you must consider.

1) the tritium is useless. When I bought it, it had none. Zero. A trip to Triji, and it came back so dim that it is only visible inside a dark closet.

2) washout. Walking into progressively dimmer rooms, the dot remains more than useable, to the point that I can no longer see the slide or the outline of the optic, or identify targets properly. But the dot is still there. Until I activate the pistol’s white light, then, POOF; its gone. If you work in a team environment, this will have no effect unless you’re the only one in a short room, because teammates weaponlights are enough to make the dot very bright. Or a handheld light vs weapon mounted will have the same effect. Not sure on a long gun; I suspect a very bright light will work.

3) Aiming from a dim area into a brighter area gets you a dim dot, or no dot at all.

But, it has upsides, such as no battery, no flickering, and its still surprisingly useable in dim light.

After reading Taliv’s post on the next page, I need to point out that I’ve never tried mine with NODs, and I have not yet purchased the proper height irons to back it up.
    Last edited by 1168; 03-19-20 at 14:32.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    My experience with them is they are utterly useless garbage for anything other than a flat range during the day. You couldn't give me one.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Robison View Post
    My experience with them is they are utterly useless garbage for anything other than a flat range during the day. You couldn't give me one.
    Very detailed. Thanks.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast