Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on this Daniel Defense

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thoughts on this Daniel Defense

Local dealer has a custom Daniel Defense V7. Apparently DD gives them to dealers that move a certain number of guns a year or something.

It’s a V7 with a 16” gov barrel but it has a Geissele 3gun trigger and a brake on it. Same price as a regular V7. Thinking with that trigger it’s hard to pass up for the price. What do y’all think?

I’d probably put an Accupoint 1-4 on it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What's the price? I would call and verify whatever you are told by the dealer with DD to make sure it's actually a full factory gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    What's the price? I would call and verify whatever you are told by the dealer with DD to make sure it's actually a full factory gun.
    Good advice

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    That sounds a lot like a DD V7 Pro with a 16" barrel instead of a 18" barrel. What is the price?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Hard to go wrong with DD and AR's. Whether it's a killer deal or not is all depending on what you have and need. There are always good deals, it's whether you need it or not. If you need such gun, go for it given its a full factory gun and the LGS didn't frankenburger it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    $1599

Feedback Score
    My thoughts:
    I think the price for a regular DDM4V7 is ~$1729 or $1805 (if a lightweight version), but check me on that. If so, it's ~$130 less.

For me, I'm not a muzzle-brake guy, so I'd change it. I've got the tools to change it, but don't have a flash-hider. Heck, even if it did have a regular flash-hider, I might still want to change it. I'd then add in the cost of getting a different muzzle device. If a person doesn't already have the tools, add in the cost of getting the tools or the cost of having somebody do the swap, too. But that's just me. I suppose it's a deal, but only if you want a muzzle-brake.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I hear you but I love the Geissele trigger and that’s big money so I think it’s a good deal regardless. I’ll try the brake but if it’s loud I’d put a Surefire flash hider on or something

Feedback Score
    Post8, I forgot about the Geissele trigger. That does make it good deal as that trigger is ~$240. OK. Get it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    FWIW I just bought a DDM4V7SLW (14.5 PW) for $1400 from Guns Midwest. Geissele G2S trigger would be $160, and the DD brake is $70, so figure $1630. I think the price is good for what you spec'd.

I personally would not spend this kind of money on a gov't barrel gun though. You could get the 16" LW for $1350 and add whatever trigger and break you want. https://www.gunsmidwest.com/daniel-d...bine-v7lw.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast