Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on this Daniel Defense

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    FWIW I just bought a DDM4V7SLW (14.5 PW) for $1400 from Guns Midwest. Geissele G2S trigger would be $160, and the DD brake is $70, so figure $1630. I think the price is good for what you spec'd.

I personally would not spend this kind of money on a gov't barrel gun though. You could get the 16" LW for $1350 and add whatever trigger and break you want. https://www.gunsmidwest.com/daniel-d...bine-v7lw.html
    I’m. It all about LW, barrels so YMMV, but I still like a govt profile.

At this point, you know your not getting ripped off and if you want it, just buy it. Don’t make it a house buying dilemma, it’s just an AR.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    FWIW I just bought a DDM4V7SLW (14.5 PW) for $1400 from Guns Midwest. Geissele G2S trigger would be $160, and the DD brake is $70, so figure $1630. I think the price is good for what you spec'd.

I personally would not spend this kind of money on a gov't barrel gun though. You could get the 16" LW for $1350 and add whatever trigger and break you want. https://www.gunsmidwest.com/daniel-d...bine-v7lw.html
    My main gun is a BCM 14.5 ELW. Normally I think the gov barrel is dumb but in this instance I think it could be good. For a gamer type gun/shooting fast/etc. the extra weight up front can settle the muzzle down and keep things more stable.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I own a pair of DDM4V7 light weight’s.

My son owns a V7 with the government profile barrel. I prefer the V7lw, but I could be perfectly content with a V7 government profile gun. The V7 series are excellent guns.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    The deal wouldn't work for me.. The trigger nor the barrel are very popular options. That is why it is priced the way it is.

Feedback Score
    I own several Geiselle triggers including the nation match and the 3 gun. The 3 gun trigger (in a V7 pro) is a great trigger for this type of rifle. I plan on buying another one.

Feedback Score
    I own 3 Daniel Defense Rifles. I think that the fit and finish are great. I have found them all to be very accurate and reliable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Buy it for sure. That's a great price.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As of this morning that is a great price. I just checked a bunch of DD models through gun.deals and everything is out of stock or closer to MSRP. If it's still there you should buy it.

Looks like the panic buying has taken full hold of the industry.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    Local dealer has a custom Daniel Defense V7. Apparently DD gives them to dealers that move a certain number of guns a year or something.

It’s a V7 with a 16” gov barrel but it has a Geissele 3gun trigger and a brake on it. Same price as a regular V7. Thinking with that trigger it’s hard to pass up for the price. What do y’all think?

I’d probably put an Accupoint 1-4 on it.

I do not consider factory installed "upgraded" brakes/flash hiders to be upgrades.

They are a nuisance that I must remove to install my muzzle device of choice.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    I managed to grab a DDM4V5 from gunbroker for a little over $1100.00 dollars. Brand new. It’s the gov’t profile barrel as I already have a similar one with a lightweight barrel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12