Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally Earned My Shirt @ The Tactical Games

Feedback Score
    Yeah not interested in competing against under 30 year olds lol. Infantry and motocross has hammered my knees. But have been rehabbing them so there getting much better mobility wise. I seriously have to work on pull ups though and rope climbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    OP-I appreciate you posting this. I hope you make it through next time.

Feedback Score
    I have the same train of thought. Don’t want to compete again people under thirty. I know that there is a training app that is endorsed by the tactical games and put together by a ex navy seal.

Feedback Score
    For those that have competed what has your zero been on your rifles? 50/200?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
    For those that have competed what has your zero been on your rifles? 50/200?
    Use whatever zero you are accustomed to. I personally prefer 50'ish/200 with priority on the 200. The less 'thinking' a person has to do on a stage the better.

I used a sharpie to write vtac port numbers on my arm. Those numbers made zero sense to me when I returned to the barricade on the third trip.

A person would think "3rd trip = 3rd set of port numbers" would be pretty simple. However, I just stared at my arm perplexed as to what my past self was trying to tell my current self. Minimize the required brain computations as possible.

BUIS are required. Verify they are zero'd, don't just match your irons to your dot. Turn your dot off and verify them. They now allow LPV optics but the kicker is that anyone using one is required to have offset irons. Not allowed to remove optic to use irons.
    Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 09-16-20 at 21:03.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Welp, 2 months out.

Been hitting it hard with setbacks here and there. Doesn't look like I'll be hitting my 100 pound jog goal. Been stuck on 70 pounds. I haven't been adding weight until I can non-stop jog 2 miles under 24 minutes at a current weight. I'll push the next 30 days but will go into a holding pattern for the final 30 to try and avoid injury. Last week of this 30 days I will load up 100 pounds and jog at least 1 mile not worrying about the time.

I rolled my ankle on the world's smallest rock about a month back and it fixed up fast thankfully. Been milking a tendon in my right elbow that has put pull-up motion stuff on hold for 2 weeks. Hopefully it corrects here pretty quick.

I've been shooting at about 50% of my normal. It dawned on me tonight to do an ammo inventory. I was shocked to see that I'm down to 450 rounds of 9mm and 2k of 5.56 in the range blasting variety. I haven't seen ammo locally since March so I'll switch my pistol work to a .45 and try to do worthwhile stuff with the 5.56. Nobody want's to be the dork shooting 5 different kinds of ammo at a match.

Anyways, this is more of a self assessment than anything else and I look forward to earning the right to wear the T-shirt that has been hanging in my closet the last 10 months. I applaud the current Action-Figures and will join your guild shortly.

Feedback Score
    Good work and good luck.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I too train with 25 lbs of extra weight. Unfortunately it's not the kind of weight that I can take off after I'm done.

Feedback Score
    Welp, 2 months out.
    Any update? How is your training going?

I've been wanting to compete in the "light" division to get a taste... I qualify for the "over 50 masters" but the guy who won that also won the Elite division a few Games back.

...I'm rehabbing an elbow, but if it gets to where it needs to be I'll be there.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I too train with 25 lbs of extra weight. Unfortunately it's not the kind of weight that I can take off after I'm done.
    Well, I'm pretty sure that's basically cheating with gear that is anatomically & perfectly fitted.

You can take it off a pound at a time! Then add back the lost pound to your gear since your core is already adapted to the weight.

The biggest thing I have noticed about jogging at high weight is learning how to balance it. The balance will come naturally eventually as long as a person doesn't start at too high of weight.

I've rolled an ankle twice in the last year. Once at +50 and once at +70. I was surprised that I was able to not crash both times. I walked a few steps after the +50 roll to make sure I wasn't hurt bad and thin finished my jog. The roll at +70 just pissed me off. I broke stride for a few steps but kept jogging. The balance I had learned on a subconscious/automatic response saved me both times.
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    Any update? How is your training going?

I've been wanting to compete in the "light" division to get a taste... I qualify for the "over 50 masters" but the guy who won that also won the Elite division a few Games back.

...I'm rehabbing an elbow, but if it gets to where it needs to be I'll be there.
    Lost about a week with the crazy weather we had. Didn't want to risk a fall on the ice. First jog after was pretty brutal. Funny how progress can roll back so quickly.

Elbow is better but still sore. I feel it most now during something using grip strength. Got a compression sleeve to wear if need be.

Scored some 9mm so shooting has moved back to the pistol I'll run in the games. Got a new pair of shoes 85% broken in. My previous pair are low on tread in the ball area but I'll take them anyways incase of a road run.

Thought about putting my rifle on a diet by not running a can, going to a micro red dot, swapping my H2 buffer to a H and even switch to GI mags. But it's kind of late to "learn" a lighter rifle at this point.

Put in a lighter front plate to hit 15 pounds on my carrier for a practice match at a buddies place. It was magical. You know that scene when young Forrest Gump is running from the bullies and his leg braces fall apart? Well, I totally made that face. I was sad when it came time to put the heavy plate back in. The lighter one goes back in in a week though!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast